• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Cultivator

So I am looking to get a cultivator. I want something light enough for me to lift over a 3 foot fence so a tiller is out of the question. So I have found the electric and the 2 cycle are the same price. From what I have heard electric engines in general get better torque. Does anyone have experience with these 2 types and knowledge of which is better?????

This won't be much help, but that torque depends on the size and amperage of the electric motor, and the larger gauge and shorter the extension cord the better.Test operate em if you can, and a rental just may be the most economical direction. I got had free use of an electric mower for a season, and my yard laughed at it, after 2 sessions, I decided "free" wasn't worth it. For a 1-2 times a year usage ,I would check the rental places in your area-but thats just me.

Thanks for the insight. Will be going with the 2-cycle gas powered then.

Cost is the same as electric at 199.99. The 4-cycle gas is 299.99 but like you said 2-3 times a year used so I don't want to invest much. Already set 200 aside for one just couldn't decide on electric versus gas. Would have to use 100 foot extension since I don't have a 75 foot which would be the max I would need.

Back