• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Burgers? Hell Yeah!!

Hey y'all looking through the sacred THP scrolls it is apparent that most awesome of foods is sorely neglected. That's right chidren's, I'm talkin' about BURGERS!! Sliders. Pub burgers. Fast food style burgers. Gastro burgers. Cheffy burgers. CHEESEBURGERS!!! Single and double meat. Triple meat. Extreme burgers. Man vs. Food burgers....the list is endless but y'all get the idea.

We won't go into the endless arguments of who created the first hamburger (Fletcher Davis) or what meat qualifies as a burger. Nonetheless....here are the rules for posting in this soon to be awesome thread:

1. Any meat goes. Beef, chicken, pork, lamb, rat, fish. Whatever, hunt it down and kill it with a knife. Its all good and I've included the options other than the traditional beef so all the kids can play in the pool. If its ground and round, its all good.

2. The damn 'thang has to be between 2 slices of bread or bun. White bread. Brioche. Sourdough. English muffin. Whole wheat. Its got to be bready. No wrap crap or wild pizza dough like chingaderra's.

3. Any cooking method goes. Grilled. Broiled. Griddled. Steamed. Deep fried. Zippo lighter.

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

5. You suck at cooking? The only thing that would suck more is if you posted pics of your restaurant burger. For the sake of keeping the comedy rolling...
Any burger you didn't cook or you bought is allowed and is all good. Warning: while allowed, posting pics of BK burgers or their ilk with a splash of tabasco will bring upon you the most ridicule and insults. Even more than a veggie burger!

6. Chile's and/or hotsauce is mandatory on the burger. ON the burger, no crap on the side.

7. Pics are mandatory. No posting about a burger you made or ate without pics. You will suffer extreme ridicule and experience much loathing. Just don't do it.

8. Include a list of condiments and toppings. Mayo. Mustard. Onions. Cheese. Extract of male baboon spermatazoa. Whatever. Post it.

There it is y'all. Can you get down brown with it? Allrighty then...

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Here's mine. Sliders. 80/20 ground chuck from Matador Meat Market, Frisco, Tx. Cooked over fine diced yellow onions in cast iron using the smash technique. Toasted Pepperidge Farm slider buns with mustard, the onions, dill pickle and jalapeno pickle slices. Kraft brand American Plastic Cheese.

IMG_3447.jpg

Adult beverages are encouraged in the pics but not mandatory. Dig that awesome cast iron crust sear!

IMG_3448.jpg

So bring on your burgers. And that means those damn Aussie's and their stinkin' beet root too!!

im an dam aussie and i dont eat those stinkin beetroot.
love my burgers though without beetroot and tomato .
beef,steak,bacon,cheese,lettuce,egg,chiilies,chilli sauce,bbq sauce and what eva else i can find yuuummm

im an dam aussie and i dont eat those stinkin beetroot.
love my burgers though without beetroot and tomato .
beef,steak,bacon,cheese,lettuce,egg,chiilies,chilli sauce,bbq sauce and what eva else i can find yuuummm

Leave it to an Aussie to post about using a steak for a topping on a burger. :rofl:

4. Because I love to ridicule to no end tree hugging granola wimps and hippy's.....
Veggie burgers are all good. Just be prepared for the woe and gnashing of teeth and smack talk that will soon come if you post it. It will be all in fun and all good.

Does this include the soyrizo burger?

I have to say that mrs. blues is actually the inspiration for this thread. She's very more fussy about food in general and especially burgers more than anyone I know. For fast food style burgers I am a slave for Whataburger. Can't drag mrs. blues in there though, but she would pimp herself out for In-N-Out. Gotta' admit, I'm a damn fool for a INO single cheese animal style. mrs. blues used to like Steak N Shake. Not no mo'.

Anywhoo, the gist of this is that lately mrs. blues has been trying to do a homemade INO clone and cooking the burger in cast iron. Y'all have seen me do the burger atop the diced onion, thats part of the INO style right there.

Had some of the burger leftover to get rid of so....

Same same again. 80/20 in Black Betty with onions and smashed technique.

IMG_3453.jpg

Since this is a fast food style burger, gotta' rock it with american cheese. P-Farm slider bun, toasted, mustard and pickled 'peno's top and bottom.

IMG_3455.jpg

This cavity shot is hawt!

IMG_3457.jpg

Now bring it!!

Perfect Timing, was already making burgers tonight. Nice
So didn't have a whole lots of ingredients..... mainly bacon Damn, oh well next time
Onions and plain old burger......

Horseradish Bottom, Lettuce, tomatos, burger, egg and tears of sun, onions and chillis

All stacked up
SDC11068.jpg

MONSTER :cheers: BURGER!!! Right on man, right on.

must get my ass into gear and get out the cast iron goods

What are you waiting for!!!! CI is all you need!
I expect CI burgers from YOU, Booma, sometime before Monday, MY time (EST)...I think that gives you an extra day.
Post it here!!!!!!!!!

Nope - Sam Houston State...Just wondered if our good Baptist friends at Baylor were permitted to frequent that fine culinary establishment..

Back