• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

IXII 2011, packing more heat than a summer blockbuster

Seeds just planted
12 choc habs
12 zimbabwe bird
12 thai dragon
4 fatali
12 scotch bonnet jamaican red
12 black pearl
12 mayan love
12 scotch bonnet orange
12 white hab
12 tabasco
6 big sun hab
6 aji amarillo
3 datil yellow
8 scotch bonnet

seedlings
8 ghost
5 butch t
4 naga viper

Established
6 ghost

Wish me luck!

418200_303021686427066_275444409184794_861290_1760268514_n.jpg

Off to a good start IXII; nice grow rack - adjustable shelves!

thanks everyone. I have never used jiffy pots before so this is a bit new to me. all plants will be out doors in a month or so but i just need to get past germ to succeed!

Question regarding jiffy disk. aside from water and keeping warm is there anything I should be adding to help them germ to first real leaves? Should I be adding fert to my water?

The infants so far
scotch bonnet Jamaican red
Thai dragan
black pearl
Zimbabwe

So far
428117_309637915765443_275444409184794_879053_2053938986_n.jpg

Oh and the funniest thing just happened with my Butch T's...two months after planting the seeds and only having 5 seedlings suddenly 3 or so more just popped. Weird

I would check out STC's GLog. He is in your area and may have some tips for your climate/area/etc.
Funny thing about San Diego is there is like 14 micro climates making the place interesting. Some areas get snow, some are almost tropical, others are pure desert and everything between. Heck where my current place is its almost ideal minus the humidity year round while a couple miles in any direction and during the winter the temps drop below freezing or snow.

Once I plant outdoors they generally take pretty well as long as i dont plant them too soon, I had the habit of transplanting before real leaves developed to disastrous results....I dont do that anymore lol.

Lookin good man! Have you figured out how to break into the farmers market business yet? I looked into the one here in Poway, you have to be state certified to sell produce. You have a great start going! How are those overwinters coming along?

Shane

Going well. I really cant tell if these are pre flower or fruiting though but a few hundred across my ghost peppers. I keep biting my lip though as the weather has been odd cold one day warm another but they havent been dropping so all good so far.
416954_310398379022730_275444409184794_880888_103936553_n.jpg

Sorry on my phone...farmers market here in sd you you do need a vender permit and health. I know some vendors so im hopping to just go through them at this point but a few things are changing where my peppers are growing now will be moving in a couple of months and im not looking forward to the transplants and i may be migrating to MO...we will see lol

I also looked in to to what you need to have to be able to sell your own hot sauce at a farmers market. One thing you need is a commercial kitchen to use and luckily there are some good ones here in San Diego that are really inexpensive. One I was looking at even had a farmers market package so that you are all signed off from them and you can go and sell to your hearts desire. With a business license and health of course.

Thats pretty cool. Not planning on making sauce but will be brewing beer soon. Ill be going through a licend brewery but fyi their is a home brew facility in miramar for those that care to try

Well havent checked in a couple of days but my choc habs and fatali have popped. Now this exciting cause i have tried habs twice before to no success so yay me!

Well I guess a variety will be popping everyday! Mayan Love is the newest one to pop.

Also got to give props to https://www.facebook.com/ChurchillsPubandGrille for lending me the seeds. The deal is they get some of each and I get some of each.

Those in San Diego area check them out, their wings have decent heat and they must be using an extract in their poppers cause they tend to be hotter than hell but very tasty. Additionally if you love craft beer they have 53 taps that are always rotating. /end promo lol really though they are good people. Anybody know when seedlings can be transferred outdoors to a hydro? Thats what he has and the sooner I get rid of his the less responsibility I have lol

Chocolate habs are so much better than orange! I have only had a few that other members have sent me, but they were delicious. I can't wait till mine produce. Mine were some of my slowest starters. My Caribbean red and my Red Lanterns popped pretty quick. The worst were the Peruvian White Habs....but once they started popping all of the sudden I had too many (5)...lol They'll be some of my next grafting attempts.

Chocolate habs are so much better than orange! I have only had a few that other members have sent me, but they were delicious. I can't wait till mine produce. Mine were some of my slowest starters. My Caribbean red and my Red Lanterns popped pretty quick. The worst were the Peruvian White Habs....but once they started popping all of the sudden I had too many (5)...lol They'll be some of my next grafting attempts.
The first attempt at habs was orange habs from vons or ralphs that i just took the seeds and threw into a pot and set it next to my established hab. Did the same with serrano and the serranos popped loke mad and nothing from hab. Eho knows on that one maybe the habs were nuked, maybe a variety that was gen mod meh who cares though generic orange hab. Second attempt was an xmas gift from a friend. Almost slapped her for getting orange hab instead i smiled and thanked her lol. Anyways i am stoked about choc hab though.

Looked at the hardness chart and where we are is a 9b and moving a couple miles we will be a 6a lol. Sigh the diversity in sd means i will have to get a greenhouse or make one lol

Back