• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Big Jim's Fabulous Pepper Adventures

What's happening everybody. My name is Big Jim and this is my first year attempting to grow a variety of assorted hot peppers. I am very excited to learn from everyone here and through my experiences. I wanted to document my Fabulous Pepper Adventures for everyone as well as myself for educational (and comical) purposes. Welcome to my glog and happy reading!

It's my first year trying to grow super hots also and I started my first GLOG (I need to update it). Good luck to you and I both.

:banghead: stupid images...I will figure it out eventually.
I think you might have to have the

Here is a shot of my first set up. My wife and I are growing a little of everything for the farmers' market scene, but there are also habaneros in this shot :hot:

ff.jpg

Hey Big Jim can't wait to see what you produce this year. I had a hard time with the photos too. But all you do is...

Go to your uploaded picture on your photobucket
hover over the picture until you see the direct link pop up
click on the direct link to copy
Then come to your glog on THP
click the Image button and paste the direct link.

Good luck sir.

Hey, BigJim! Welcome to the glogosphere! Looks like you are ready
and rollin' with your germination set-up :party:

Growin' any other peppers besides habaneros?

Thanks for the encouragment everyone. Here is a list of the peppers that I am attempting this year:

Trinidad Scorpion Moruga (80x)
Bhut Jolokia Assam (20x)
Bhut Jolokia
Yellow (20x)
Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate (20x)
Bhut Jolokia
Red (20x)
Joe's Round (0.5g)
Long Red Cayenne (0.5g)
Serrano Tampiqueno (0.25g)
Trinidad 7 pot
yellow (20x)
Aji Dulce (0.5g)
Sweet Banana (Long Sweet Hungarian) (3g)
Thai Chili
Orange (200x)
Jalepeno (100x)
Poblano (20x)
Habanero
Red (30x)
Habanero
Peach (20x)

Habanero Orange (40x)
Habanero Chocolate (20x)
Fatalii Yellow (20x)
Peter Pepper Red (20x)

WOW, 650+ plants that's a tall order. I grew 500+ supers last season and had to overcome an inadequate irrigation setup. After that they exploded in size and cranked out the pods. I made 10 gallons of flakes despite losing 150 plants to an early fall frost and hurricane "Irene".

Good luck!!

I know 650+ plants is a lot of plants for my first time, but my wife and I were given a crazy 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to use someones 9000 square foot fenced in garden and greenhouse totally for free and we just couldn't pass up the opportunity. :pray:

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

Its funny, having grown up on acreage all my life, I kind of take it for granted...

I guess I have about 4000 sq ft dedicated to garden this year. could have done more, but its a serious time committment after a certain point :)

Ok, I have my seeds in the germination station and everything is all set to go!

My Coco Coir

20120301122951.jpg

Setting up the cells...

20120301112516.jpg

Planting about 3/4 inch deep

20120301112536.jpg

Chocolate Bhut Jolokia Seeds

20120301114841.jpg

Germination Station on styrofoam

20120301125201.jpg

The 288 cell set up

20120301125146.jpg