• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

SAVE QUESO!

Queso means cheese! If you're taking about queso dip say queso dip, just saying queso is giving the word a new meaning. Like salsa! Salsa means sauce but we changed it into an actual type of sauce to eat with chips. SAVE QUESO!

When I go to a restaurant I order "Queso". They politely ask Queso Dip? I say, HELLZ NO! Queso. Go get it.

All while I update my MySpace profile.

Hows that for saving Queso?

:rofl:

Thanks MGOLD86.

Now, what will you do to save queso?!

Bwahahahahahahahha

That's an interesting link boss.

This whole thing cracks me up.

And now I am craving one of those little cheese snacks with the crackers and the little spreader thingy.

That drives me nuts. They actually have chips in the grocery store that are "queso cheese" flavored. I :censored: you not. The girl at Qdoba (only ate there once, because it sucks) asked me if I wanted "queso cheese" on my burrito, I told her yeah, and some pollo chicken and frijole beans too. Tostitos also sells "salsa con queso", aka "sauce with cheese." Americans have a long history of screwing up the Spanish names of Mexican foods. The prefix "re" in Mexican Spanish means to do something well, not to do it again, so frijoles refritos (well-fried beans) turned into "refried beans." Most people pronounce the h in habanero and say it as if there were a tilde over the n. It's even spelled with a tilde over the n on a ton of grocery store products, like Great Midwest "Habañero Jack" cheese. It's one thing for an individual to make that mistake, but a large corperation that sells its products all over the country? How the hell does that happen? Another one is "tamale." The word "tamale" does not exist in Spanish. It's one TAMAL, or multiple tamales, there is no "tamale." Red sweet peppers at Kroger are sold as "pasilla," which means little raisin in Spanish, because it is a dark brown/black dried pepper that resembles a raisin, not a freaking fresh red pepper. I have been known to send these companies angry emails but they never reply to them. :rolleyes: I've also been known to boycot certain products because of the dumb stuff they write on the packaging. I really want to try the "habañero jack" cheese but until they start spelling it correctly it's not going to happen. :eek:

That drives me nuts. They actually have chips in the grocery store that are "queso cheese" flavored. I :censored: you not. The girl at Qdoba (only ate there once, because it sucks) asked me if I wanted "queso cheese" on my burrito, I told her yeah, and some pollo chicken and frijole beans too. Tostitos also sells "salsa con queso", aka "sauce with cheese." Americans have a long history of screwing up the Spanish names of Mexican foods. The prefix "re" in Mexican Spanish means to do something well, not to do it again, so frijoles refritos (well-fried beans) turned into "refried beans." Most people pronounce the h in habanero and say it as if there were a tilde over the n. It's even spelled with a tilde over the n on a ton of grocery store products, like Great Midwest "Habañero Jack" cheese. It's one thing for an individual to make that mistake, but a large corperation that sells its products all over the country? How the hell does that happen? Another one is "tamale." The word "tamale" does not exist in Spanish. It's one TAMAL, or multiple tamales, there is no "tamale." Red sweet peppers at Kroger are sold as "pasilla," which means little raisin in Spanish, because it is a dark brown/black dried pepper that resembles a raisin, not a freaking fresh red pepper. I have been known to send these companies angry emails but they never reply to them. :rolleyes: I've also been known to boycot certain products because of the dumb stuff they write on the packaging. I really want to try the "habañero jack" cheese but until they start spelling it correctly it's not going to happen. :eek:

Hear hear!

You cannot stop the movement!

T-shirts now available! :lol:

save_queso.png

The girl at Qdoba (only ate there once, because it sucks) asked me if I wanted "queso cheese" on my burrito, I told her yeah, and some pollo chicken and frijole beans too.

wait....

You are definitely a part of the movement! In fact you are the Big Cheese! Or Big Queso Cheese!

I am lucky my wife is from Chuco Town (El Paso, TX) and an awesome home cook. Our queso recipe is simple and amazing.
We buy the Queso Blanco from our local carnicería.
We put it in the slow cooker
We add 1 13-oz container Biad’s Reserve NuMex Heritage or Lumbre X-Hots
Then we stir in some amazing rustic chorizo from a hog farmer in Wilcox, Arizona
My wife makes house made tortillas with a mix of dried dent corn and John Cope Sweet Corn or fresh fried totopos
Can I say...heaven!

Sure queso translates to cheese but in Texas and you ask for queso they automatically know you're talkin' 'bout chile con queso which is chile cheese sauce. Its a tex-mex 'thang. And Jay is right, I OWN IT!

Dang if I don't want the shirt!!

wait....

You are definitely a part of the movement! In fact you are the Big Cheese! Or Big Queso Cheese!
I'm the big habañero jack queso cheese. :cool: I forgot there are also "salsa" flavored chips. Sauce flavored chips! Salsa has already been raped and left for dead but we might still be able to save queso!

That's the plan!

TB's a lost cause he's still gonna order queso. But I'm gonna pay the waiter to serve him a hunk of cheese. Some stinky bleu! :lol:

I like to be liking stinky blue. Stinkier the better. I make a face mask out of gorgonzola for my youthful skin. "It puts the cheese on its skin or it gets the hose..."

Me too TB. I love bleu queso.

LOL - You guys are cracking me up. But yeah, I'm kind of a language snob, myself. Fingernails-on-the-chalkboard moment: ride the Blue Line train in L.A. and when they come to Pico station, the conductor announces it twice - once as "Pico" as the true Spanish word, and once like "Pick-o". :shame: You'd think in a town where most people seem to get how to pronounce La Jolla, that Pico would be easy.....

Back