• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Begin! African Throwdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything goes huh... 'eyeing my naughty dog and wondering where the hell I'm gonna get a casserole dish big enough'

No ideas so far. Need more beer and research time...

Megan, I am jealous of the state you live in....I want to visit Washington or Oregon....It's been a wish of mine for awhile. Anyways back on topic. hmmmmm...don't know if my pockets have anything but lint to throw at this one, sadly to say......but hey RAMEN would only have been a buck.....toss in the pocket lint and stir! But it had to be fancy old Africa......If only someone could send me some African pocket lint...hmmmmmmm.

How to properly start a TD

972adb76.jpg

Anything goes huh... 'eyeing my naughty dog and wondering where the hell I'm gonna get a casserole dish big enough'

D2S, you can use my pot--- I think it's big enough--- this boy weighs in at about 100 pounds.
30b3c8da.jpg

6e6ab74d.jpg

Good Luck Everyone! I'm excited to see what great ideas everyone comes up with.

D2S, you can use my pot--- I think it's big enough--- this boy weighs in at about 100 pounds.
30b3c8da.jpg

6e6ab74d.jpg

Good Luck Everyone! I'm excited to see what great ideas everyone comes up with.

No cooking the pooch. On the other hand there are a few people I wouldn't mind if you tossed in there.

You got it, siccy! As you can see.....he' definitely not starved.... :lol:

Pi- if properly "broke down" I'm sure they'd fit!

We were out working on a house, and I saw that pot right inside a window. I asked the boy who spoke English if they used the pot often. He brought his mom out to talk with me. She said they had only used it once, for her wedding reception party. I asked if she knew how big it was, how many gallons or liters. She didn't know but said it was big enough to cook 5 goats.

I'm happy to say we were able to make a deal.

True Story.

OK, back on topic~

Food is started, and already, I've changed directions 3 times.

He is the sweetest dog... and smarter then some people I know literally coolest thing he did was when asked to shut the door he shut the door. I love smart animals and he has a piece of my heart...

Back on subject... tomorrow is Habanero families cook day. Like said before we got lots of meat!!! Itching to see what everyone comes up with.

What THE ????????

5 Goats?????

I know Gabby is not as big as 5 Goats!

What kind os sick wedding did this lady have?

SL you didn't put the POL in your teaser.

Dog was a good idea, though.
I recommend that you strip the fur and cook it spatchcocked. Might not fit in that pot.
You may need a banquet pan, because that big boy all splayed out will be bigger than you think.

Anyway, make a good rub, let that sit on him for a few hours, and then cook slow and low until the connective tissues have been obliterated.

You gonna put that on rice?

Anyways back on topic. hmmmmm...don't know if my pockets have anything but lint to throw at this one, sadly to say......but hey RAMEN would only have been a buck.....toss in the pocket lint and stir! But it had to be fancy old Africa......If only someone could send me some African pocket lint...hmmmmmmm.

I think some of those starving african kids probably get ramen from missions. Just put some flies in it...

SL you didn't put the POL in your teaser.

Dog was a good idea, though.
I recommend that you strip the fur and cook it spatchcocked. Might not fit in that pot.
You may need a banquet pan, because that big boy all splayed out will be bigger than you think.

Anyway, make a good rub, let that sit on him for a few hours, and then cook slow and low until the connective tissues have been obliterated.

You gonna put that on rice?

FD4 - :doh: for the PoL to me!

Waddaya think about a pit roast?

No fair! I wanted to cook American domesticated animal that is a wild beast in Africa!!! :cry:

MGold, You can do CAT..... Oh, and I like the way you started your TD. :drink:

3/5King, Do Ramen! The Boss put a post in the discussion thread about a company in Africa making ramen.

I think some of those starving african kids probably get ramen from missions. Just put some flies in it...

tumblr_los34vzaXS1qg2mip.gif

I'm heading out to the grocery store in a couple hours then making some late night African fare. I need to get started on it tonight, before 5 other people bust out a similar recipe.
SL-Your dog looks like he could be a distant cousin of my parents (not so) black lab, Brownie. You can't really tell in this picture, but he's about 100 lbs. He's their living coffee table. He was going to town on a Valentine's day cupcake in this pic.

IMG_8048.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back