• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Bootsieb's Grow list for thus season- nothing special on my part- just hoping

Final Grow list season 3[sup]rd[/sup] March 3, 2012

1. Fatalli Yellow- the.chilli.man on ebay
2. Peter- Time and Terra- ID Terra ebay​
3. Bere Bere- Jungle Rain​
4. Trinidad Combo Brown/ Red- a la Congo??- Time and Terra- ID Terra ebay​
5. Naga Black- Aji Joe​
6. Peach Bhut Jolokia- Aji Joe​
7. Xai Xai- Smokemaster​
8. Piri Piri- Smokemaster​
9. Mustard Hab- CmP​
10. Cappuccino Hab- CmP​
11. Kpakpo Shito - Ghana - J.T. Delaney​
12. Maldives Heart- AISPES​
13. Chocolate T S- AISPES​
14. T M Scorp- J Duffy- bought months ago- got lucky on price. I have seeds from karmalies805 on ebay from Texas, THSC, Pepperlovers and Refining Fire Chilies. Decided to try Jim’s as he was a real gent to me​
15. Orange Rocotto- Semillas.de​
16. Trinidad Brain Yellow- Pepperlovers​
17. T 7 Pod Douglah- Pepperlovers​
18. T 7 Pod Yellow- THSC​

19- Amended 22/4/12- Bahamian Goats off of Cmpman. ( thanx man- had to go in)​

Sorry could not be arsed with all the technical classifications- yeah, I’m rude. I have decided to save seed collections for the future. So sorry to Jungle Rain, Rainbow, and THSC, who I have utmost respect and regard for. I’m sorry, but I’ll save your seeds for my property later. Just don’t have enough room right now. Apologies to others I’ve received seeds for, but We’ll get this party started soon enough.Lasty, in case of any dispute, my Mouraga is actually a feinting goat which is being hunted by a Trinidad Chupacacbras.​

Objective
I intend to try and grow this list of plants in an apartment complex over the next 9 months. I feel, they will take a while to germinate naturally and then grow (Goodness help me). March has arrived, and spring is here. I’ve decided to start afresh- the Peter, Fatalli and Congo have survived my cull. I have an obligation to some people on here, to grow some of their seeds, so I have. It killed me, to pull up yee old uns, but I have to consider feelings and efforts of people who kindly donated seeds to my Korean project. Sadly, to grow more, I have to wait for my larger property, but I’ll get there soon. My Mrs. isn’t having right now.​

Method- Old styleeee​
Seed and sow-. For me- it’s Just soil mix and water. It’s Survival of the fittest to start with. Basically, put the seeds straight into the ground, no gimmicks, no lights, no warming beds, au natural. I try not use artificial stuff, unless absolutely necessary. Well, until Animals Attack, I will use the pesticide stuff here. For food- I have my own seaweed concentrate mix- with potassium, multivitamin magnesium, calcium, iron, nitrogen fertilizer concentrate. I made up for later. Seems to work pretty well if I put it 1/10 concentration.​

I will try to keep you updated in the future. I had my stuff arranged and mapped out, until the M in Law removed my tags when cleaning. Luckily, I have a good memory and know where the stuff goes, unless she re-arranged them too. Guess. It’ll be more apparent later.​

Help, advice and expertise needed and warranted but usually unheeded.​

Adios and thanx​

Bootsieb​

I will try to keep you updated in the future. I had my stuff arranged and mapped out, until the M in Law removed my tags when cleaning. Luckily, I have a god memory and know where the stuff goes, unless she re-arranged them too. Guess. It’ll be more apparent later.​

Ouch! Best of luck with your grow this year. I understand the random human factor... but in my case I'm probably my own worst enemy. Cheers

Hi Guy. Planted a few from each of the varieties you sent. No hooks yet from a couple of the green varieties but the drying peppers are almost 100 percent. I took part in the seed swap organized by Highalt and between the two packages I planted another twenty varieties...
Added to the almost sixty gochu peppers I already had started that'll make nearly a hundred chilies. Fortunately, I have just about enough space for them though I'll have to rent a roto-tiller to break in the new ground and get a couple of truck loads of horse manure/bedding to get enough humus for them in the sandy soil I have here. Cheers

Well , that's a disappointment- you mean the Gwari, Oe, etc. Everyone had had 100% germ so far, hope you get luckier mate.

Well , that's a disappointment- you mean the Gwari, Oe, etc. Everyone had had 100% germ so far, hope you get luckier mate.
The only ones that haven't hooked yet are the Om Ji and the Gwari Put. I planted two seeds from each variety except the Bhuts (too late in our season... I'd have had to start in January), and the other seven varieties hooked up one or both. I haven't given up hope though... I'll leave them on the seed mat for another couple of weeks to see if I get results. I'd only planned to plant one of each anyway, I just planted two of each to hedge my bets...Still, I'm extremely happy with your help and the outcome so far. Cheers

The last of the seeds popped this weekend. I lost three plants to "helmet head" (trying to get the seed coat off I broke the plant stem), but in the end had 100 percent germination. I have at least one plant from each variety and I promise to find good homes for the others... Cheers

Nothing special to report except that one of my plant's stems is a lovely pink colour.I rescued a rocotto helmet bound . It was stuck, so I plucked it out and put it back in, tough plants.Take photos next week. Everything' moving along- Spring slow into action- hoping others will follow. 7 pots not up yet, but they will. AISPES and TS Mouragas Blends were planted a month later.

Nice congrats man! I know you got a camera and this thread is so useless and boring without photos... PHotos or this thread will be deleted.... maybe not deleted but i wont click on it anymore...

I am gonna tke pics- i wanted to today but getting the right colour and light was wrong. I wanted to take pics every 2 weeks. I have to take pics. I'l post them soon.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69948603@N03/7030507155/in/photostream
7030507155_2e9e47511f_b.jpg
7030507059_863911ab34_b.jpg

Back