• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

DoubleJ's Hydro/LED indoor GLOG

After learning so much around the forums I thought I would share my indoor setup:

System Specs:
Flo-n-gro containers
5x10 Gro Tent
11x 135w 5 band LED UFO's (80w of actual power draw) In the 5x10 tent

I also have also have another "closet" made out of some old shelving. It's all connected but I'm growing lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, and some smaller pepper plants in there.

Nutrients:
I'm using a method called the Lucas Formula. It uses the General Hydroponics Micro and Bloom and discards the grow. This makes it a little cheaper changing out Nutes on a monthly basis and keeps it simple. The benefit from using this formula is it doesn't change from vegetative state to bloom state. Which is why I can connect my entire system regardless of which stage the plant is at. Right now I'm running at 900 ppm and PH swing from 5.8-6.2.

What I have growing now:
assortment of Habs
assortment of 7 pots
assortment of Scorpians
Chilli pepper
Big Cherry
Black Simpson lettuce
Strawberries
Cucumber
Spinich
some others I can't think of ATM

As of now the "Superhots" aren't producing as much as the milder peppers, not sure why this is but all the flowers keep falling off. I'm going to try to up my pH to see if this helps.

Here are some pics of the setup, its tough to take good pics under led's:

Tent by doublejj0305, on Flickr

2/9/12 by doublejj0305, on Flickr

2/14/12 by doublejj0305, on Flickr

2/26/12 by doublejj0305, on Flickr

3/4/12 by doublejj0305, on Flickr

Wow nice setup. How do you find the LEDs working for you? 2 nice 600w hps and those leds should do wounder.

Do you have any pictures on the fruits?

//Oscar

Very nice! Keep buying UFO/Hydro equipment you may end up with a visit from DEA! Low wattage will probably keep them from knocking on your door...I'll be watching this thread, I've seen a few other using UFO's and they seem to be the ticket!
Good luck!
Shane

Why is it when I see your pics I think of the 5th element?
5th-element-doctor-freako-500x312.jpg

Great scott, nice setup, you really throw a hell of equipment there. Keep us posted, and closeup on the plant would make everyone happy. ;)

Nice set up and grow room, my man. Your plants appear to be doing quite well!
From what I've read, flower drop is a temperature or water issue, usually. Can't
wait to see pics of your stuff in 'real' light! Good luck with your grow!

Nice set up and grow room, my man. Your plants appear to be doing quite well!
From what I've read, flower drop is a temperature or water issue, usually. Can't
wait to see pics of your stuff in 'real' light! Good luck with your grow!

Yeah, I had to put a space heater in there to keep the room about 78. The tent is located in the basement, I also added a humidifier since the heater had basically taken out all the humidity in the room. I notice little difference in pod production when doing this. I'm now concentrating on the water ie. upping PH and lowering my PPM to 8-900 was initially at 1300. So far the milder peppers continue to grow with these changes but the the "superhots" are still dropping flowers. I'll continue to slowly change things till I find the right combination without hurting my other plants.

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. It's still very much a work in progress but also very enjoyable!

WOW!!!!!! very nice hydro set up you got going. Can you get us some closeup pics and can you get some pics without the LEDs on. Going to be following this grow.

I mounted two old T5 fixtures in the tent so I was able to get some decent pictures without it getting washed out by the LED's. I'm really amazed at how green the leaves on the plants are almost looks fake. I've also been having luck with new fruits growing everyday! not nearly as many flower drops. The changes I made was lower my nutes to ~900 and raised the lights up. The plants are getting bigger which could also be helping. Anyways here are some pics with the LED's turned off:

Fatalli by doublejj0305, on Flickr

Hab by doublejj0305, on Flickr

New Mexican Sunrise by doublejj0305, on Flickr

Misc. 2 by doublejj0305, on Flickr

Bhut by doublejj0305, on Flickr

Misc. by doublejj0305, on Flickr

Tent by doublejj0305, on Flickr

very nice healthy plants you got going. To think that some people still say that you can grow plants with LEDs alone.

I see your using the Lucas formula for nutes, why are you not using the dry MaxiBloom?

I was skeptical at first but now after seeing how green my plants are and now that they are producing peppers I'm not looking back. Virtually no heat, in fact I used a space heater for a little bit ;)

I never looked at Maxibloom as an alternative. The micro/bloom is already mixed and I can add a little easily each day when needed.

Thanks for the compliment!

Back