• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Slashroot's 2012 Pepper Season - Superhots under LED

This will be my first real year of growing peppers. Last year I only had a few types of pepper seeds that I brought with me from China. This year I'm wanting to grow 25 different types if everything goes to plan.

Here is the list:
7 Pot
Aji Amarillo
Bhut Jolokia
Cayenne
Chili Pyramid
Chocolate Habanero
Congo Trinidad
Demon Red
Devils Tongue
Fatali
Filius Blue
Goats Weed
Gobincho
Scotch Bonnets
Numex Twilight
Peperone Fuego F1 Hybrid
Prarie Fire
Red Habanero
Red Manzo
Ring of Fire
Tepin
Thai Dragon
Trinidad Scorpion
Tropical Heat
Zimbabwe Bird

This is just an idea I came up with about using my receiver as a heating mat. Keeping a steady temperature of 75F to 85F.

sbrmvo.jpg

The seeds that were inside these boxes was:
2 x Congo Trinidad
2 x Zimbabwe Birds Eye
2 x Fatali
2 x 7 Pod
2 x Chocolate Habanero
2 x Trinidad Scorpion
3 x Red Habanero
2 x Ring of Fire
2 x Demon Red
1 x Chili Pyramid
1 x Numex Twilight
1 x Peperone Fuego F1 Hybrid
2 x Prairie Fire
2 x Heatweave ( From Thompson and Morgan )
2 x Thai Dragon
2 x Tropical Heat ( From Thompson and Morgan )
2 x Cayenne

Was getting some plants ready for my hydroponic system.
2pu0k9e.jpg

If you can't read my handwriting:
Chocolate Habanero
Fatalii
Trinidad Scorpion
Devils Tongue
Congo Trinidad
7 Pod

img1700sr.jpg

Filius Blue, Tepin, Red Habanero, Manzano, Bhut Jolokia and Cobincho for the hydroponic system.

Thanks for your comments :) Here's some more

A few nice looking plants has sprouted for use in the hydro. The unlabeled plant is Red Manzano.
35iunbc.jpg

The plants are starting to get bigger. Not sure if the purpleness of the stems are normal. Maybe gave them a bit too much light at a young stage.

wvzlds.jpg

Thought I would post some close-up pictures of the plants Filius Blue, Fatalii, 7 Pod, Red Habanero, Trinidad Scorpion and Congo Trinidad.

img1830ri.jpg

2enqglg.jpg

2oy6o.jpg

2zdzpde.jpg

10pvl3n.jpg

3501nw8.jpg

14kbsao.jpg

My overwintered Thai Dragon and Tabasco plants are starting to show sings of life again :)

For some reason it has a bit of edema even though the soil has been like bone dry and not humid air. Makes no sense to me.

I originally had a lot of different plants but made the mistake of moving them to a cold room that killed off 95% of all my plants.

Tabasco:
img1812r.jpg

Thai Dragon:
img1811t.jpg

My plants in the ebb and flow has become quite a bit bigger now. Sadly they are not as healthy as I would like them to be. Quite a few got upward leaf curl. I've just cleaned and changed the water and nutrients in the tank so hopefully they will improve. PPM about 480 and pH of 5.9.

img1817e.jpg

img1818hl.jpg

img1819uy.jpg

img1820r.jpg

img1821y.jpg

img1822z.jpg

img1825cz.jpg

img1827hn.jpg

img1828m.jpg

img1829vx.jpg

Sadly it looks like I wont have any Chocolate Habaneros this year. I got 25+ seeds from tradewindsfruit and none of them wants to sprout no matter what method I use.

All the other seeds I got from them had at least 90% germination rate. I got all my new seeds from them this year.

Not that many people who ship to Norway :(

This was my last try with them. Moist paper towel but not soaked. Kept at 75F to 80F. Still nothing.
img1831cq.jpg

I pretty much had given up the 30+ chocolate habanero seeds I got from tradewindsfruitstore but today after like a month of trying, 4 had finally sprouted! :rofl: Hopefully not too late to get some produce!

img1865en.jpg

This is how my plants for outdoors are looking today:

img1874u.jpg

Funny looking plant(Tropical Heat from thompson & morgan):

img1873b.jpg

The hydro system has been going really good, plants seem to get new growth that's not curled.Some pics:

Red Manzano with buds. Germinated at 16 February so about a month old plant.
img1875l.jpg

Filius Blue with buds. Germinated at 17 February.
img1876ac.jpg

7 Pot with nice big leaves. Germinated at 15 February
img1879j.jpg

Plants from more distance:
img1877jc.jpg

img1878io.jpg

Happy to announce that things are taking off! Think I was too optimistic planting so many plants so closely, now there's barely any space between them :eek:

Picture time!

Red Manzano's first flower:
img1887z.jpg

Huge leaves on the Manzano:
img1904u.jpg

In these pics you can see how crowded it has become, guess there is nothing I can do about that now?
img1896h.jpg

img1902x.jpg

The Filius Blue Ornamental has started flowering:
img1897g.jpg

img1899on.jpg

Trinidad Scorpion and Goats weed. The Goats Weed is growing so slowly, that's normal?
img1901y.jpg

Picture of all the plants I will use outdoors in greenhouse. Got them potted up in my own soil mix, hopefully wont kill them all off haha
img1905gk.jpg

The other day I got tempted about starting a DWC project. Since I already have EBB and Flow. Decided to plant only smaller ornamental plants in this system due to its size.

I dug these up from soil and cleaned off the roots, seems like they survived good. Already starting to put down new healthy roots :)

Here are a couple of pics:
img1906ak.jpg

img1907nu.jpg

Excellent grow log, Slash! great record of your grow out so far.
Will stop in again!

Thought I'd post a new update even though not too much has been happening, so here it goes.

My secret jardin 120 tent:
img1945oz.jpg

Distant view of my three separate ebb and flow systems. The right one had plants that I took for granted, they seem to improve and look increasingly healthy.
img1937t.jpg

My DWC progress since last update:
img1941vy.jpg

img1943m.jpg

img1944v.jpg

The plants for outdoors greenhouse:
img1942w.jpg

One question guys, is this Cobincho looking normal? Seems so strange to me!
img1938b.jpg

Bhut Jolokia with deformed leaf!
img1939ig.jpg

Most of the superhots in the middle tank are starting to show tiny buds, example:
img1940xd.jpg

I have increased the nutrients a lot in the middle tank, notice a couple of days ago that they had emptied the tank for nutrients almost. They sure are getting hungry and growing fast now!

Back