• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

HP22B and Primo

I was on facebook and it was brought to my att. that The HP22B is Similar to the Primo, anyone know anything about this and Is the HP22B the Next Worlds Hottest ?

there is a whole long discussion about it in Pepper joes thread BUtch T moruga who cares both will fall, or something to that effect in hot pepper talk

There was a bunch of hubub about it a few months back. Google it and watch a reporter "Hallucinate" after eating one. IMO it won't get the title. Jim kinda bulldozed Ed Currie's chances. Unless the HP22B is over 2 mil SHU, it aint getting in the book.

I have had my fair share of supers and the only time I have ever hallucinated was when I was eating Acid.....or Shrooms.....or both.....

Chili Freak, I dont think Joe is talking about the HP22B but I just asked him in the other thread. Also, that thread is a total fairytale. Believe if you want, but if it smells like poop, looks like poop, its shit.

i could have sworn i read somewhere that thats what he was talking about, but whatever. I like insanely hot peppers, i eat ghosts, douglahs, primos and even butch t's fresh and I am looking forward to tasting the moruga this year, but even Im like enough is enough

There was a bunch of hubub about it a few months back. Google it and watch a reporter "Hallucinate" after eating one. IMO it won't get the title. Jim kinda bulldozed Ed Currie's chances. Unless the HP22B is over 2 mil SHU, it aint getting in the book.

I have had my fair share of supers and the only time I have ever hallucinated was when I was eating Acid.....or Shrooms.....or both.....

Chili Freak, I dont think Joe is talking about the HP22B but I just asked him in the other thread. Also, that thread is a total fairytale. Believe if you want, but if it smells like poop, looks like poop, its shit.

Yes, Joe is talking about HP22B, if you go back up the other thread you will read someone's post that copy and pasted something from that guys FaceBook page that stated that he had met up with Joe and they had some things going on.

People seem to think this is a Primo but there is no evidence of it other than appearance for now. I'm assuming it's going to be that way for a while too.

That guy also said that he is going to be releasing a hot "Tomatoe" later in the year.....lol, this is as bad the president of the United States miss spelling potato. If you want to be taken seriously, spelling simple words such as tomato shouldn't be a problem.....and if you know how to spell it, then I think the next thing you should learn is to proof read.

In any case, Joe is trying to get an exclusive or at least take some of the buzz away from Duffy. He is a business man, what do you expect. I don't think his excitement is false, I'd be excited to be in that circle, experiencing what he is, as well. That's why I'm not harping down his throat, this is the way business works. Look at commercials, or the media, for the uneducated it is a mind trap. In your own line of work I am sure you can think of a way the company is pumping things that are not necessarily true or over exaggerate something to help push sales. It's just the way it is. Joe isn't being dishonest (actually with all of the digging by THP members, I think he is probably pissed that other people leaked the info about who he is talking to and what is going on, on his own thread lol.) he is just doing business. His rep. in the vendor vault is good, so I'll leave it at that.

Yea, I left the thread once he started the naming BS. I keep poking in every once in a while and make a joke but must have missed that HP22B post. I am gonna go look for it.

I am with ya on Joe's masta plan. I know it is buisness, and to be honest, the only issues I have taken with him on that is the fact that this whole publicity thread is in the Hot Talk, not Promo area. It is outright against the rules. If I want to read 19 pages of someone boosting business I would go to the promo threads and read.

My bads CF, here's a rep point to make up for it...I totally agree, I don't really care which is the hottest, after you eat a fresh Bhut, anything else hotter is enough.

I don't care what is the hottest either. The primo is a cool pepper.

Edit: In Joe's defense he is talking about a new variety or at least thinks he is.There is no way of knowing if it's a primo or not without the pepper. At least some people will get free seeds for coming up with names. I don't see any harm in the post. IMO, the people who don't want him to draw all sorts of attention shouldn't give his thread attention :) .

Oh wow I didnt even know this was going on, maybe I should put more attention hahha, but true that once a pepper is hot hotter it is enough, once i heard that the ghost pepper was the hottest, it took me for ever to get the seeds, when i got the ghost I heard of Scorpions Butch Ts and when I got those the Moruga was called out, Im kind of tired of trying to keep up, maybe its just too much

Oh wow I didnt even know this was going on, maybe I should put more attention hahha, but true that once a pepper is hot hotter it is enough, once i heard that the ghost pepper was the hottest, it took me for ever to get the seeds, when i got the ghost I heard of Scorpions Butch Ts and when I got those the Moruga was called out, Im kind of tired of trying to keep up, maybe its just too much

Me too.

I Think next time Ill just buy a live plant online and still try to keep up, even thought Im still trying to get those Morugas by the time ill get those im pretty damn sure there is going to be like 3 other peppers

I Think next time Ill just buy a live plant online and still try to keep up, even thought Im still trying to get those Morugas by the time ill get those im pretty damn sure there is going to be like 3 other peppers

Lol, probably. Who knows maybe someone will find some good superhots in Brazil or somewhere!

if you are into growing the "hottest" then feed into the BS as its more for taste/heat. at the point this whole crapping contest is at its like this
your penis is 10" and gets the job done and girls like it, my penis is 10.25" mine is bigger but are girls going to notice the .25" f**k no. so really the "hottest" is for sales and if you had 2 peppers once tested at 1.4Mil and the other at 2mil i can tell you that there are no regular human that is going to be able to tell the difference between the 2 heat wise.i grow my peppers based on the flavor and how they look. just my feeling on this subject,. had to throw out my .02C on the this subject. but i am one person rambling! have a great day!

if you are into growing the "hottest" then feed into the BS as its more for taste/heat. at the point this whole crapping contest is at its like this
your penis is 10" and gets the job done and girls like it, my penis is 10.25" mine is bigger but are girls going to notice the .25" f**k no. so really the "hottest" is for sales and if you had 2 peppers once tested at 1.4Mil and the other at 2mil i can tell you that there are no regular human that is going to be able to tell the difference between the 2 heat wise.i grow my peppers based on the flavor and how they look. just my feeling on this subject,. had to throw out my .02C on the this subject. but i am one person rambling! have a great day!

Yeah, it's better to go for taste, speed, production, and aesthetics. Honestly, I don't know what I'd do with a 2 million pepper.

True sounds like i wont notice the difference but its more of having the pepper, and i like growing many varieties, it sucks that the only pepper i have ever tryed is the Ghost Pepper so any hotter pepper will keep my getting more and more taste well i have to wait till i grow them all for taste

PuckerButtPeppers (God what a horrible name, lol, I just wish he would have come up with a better name for crying out loud....but I digress) is trying to come up with chiles that have the highest capsaicin content for the use in fighting cancer. He has been talking about this for awhile now. He said (Don't quote me for exactness) "My family dies of cancer a lot. I have been looking into these peppers due to the potential cancer fighting abilities of capsaicin" So that is his reasoning for wanting to raise the SHU per pepper. Because that way you can get more cap per plant in total.

He needs revenue to get this done. ( that is why he is in a contest for a grant I would assume) Some where along the line I would like to believe that he met/spoke with Joe and they started discussing business and revenue that can be made off of this. Joe pumps what is going on, to bring in sales (to help his bottom line as well as PuckerButtPeppers) this way Joe is happy and the guy trying to fight cancer has funds to keep doing so. (I'm sure he has some thought about profit but it came second to research)

I would also like to add, super hots are not necessarily meant to be eaten as a whole pepper. The higher SHU level of a pepper, the more heat you can naturally put into something such as a sauce/stews/chili as well. This higher SHU rating can benefit sauce makers as well as restaurants and most likely has diverse commercial applications.....(such as needing less product to produce X amount of capsaicin extract).....but this is all just a side not to the topic above. People get excited and like the next biggest thing.....it's the way of human nature......at least you know you will get some IDIOT (Disclaimer: He may or may not breathe fire........ :whistle: ) chomping down on one and giving all of us sick onlookers a chuckle.. :mouthonfire:

How did you know it's 10"? Thought I had all of those videos removed.

Cancer cure eh? I wish him and the folks doing the research the absolute best of luck.

Hmm, that's an interesting story PuckerButtPeppers (I agree horrible name) has. Doing it primarily for research is very cool imo. I hope capsaicin helps with both cancer and heart attacks, lol.

capsaicin does help w/ heart attacks, it lowers blood pressure, strengthens the heart muscle, thins the blood as well as lowering cholesterol, as long as u r not eating it on bacon wrapped deep fried wings!

Bacon wrapped deep fried wings. Oh my. So what you're saying is the capsaicin will actually react against the fats so therefore if a person eats a lot peppers he can eat a lot of bacon wrapped deeped fried wings?

Back