• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Just turned the garden

Well, just turned the garden and fertilized with some Neptune's Harvest Crab Shell and Neptune's Harvest Kelp Meal. I started my seed in Miracle-Grow Organic Starter Mix and ferted with Neptune's Harvest Fish and Seaweed about 3 weeks ago. I've got Scorp Mourouga, Douglah, Bhut, Butch T, Cili Goronong, Anaheim, Tabasco, Aji Pineapple, Fatalii, Yellow 7, Austrailian Lantern Hab, Peach Hab, Red Savina and about 8 different varieties of heirloom tomatoes. Also going to start some 6" and 8" pots for lettuce, spinich, mesculun greens, micro greens, cilantro and basil. Also taking a chance on some orange fleshed watermelon.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Nice variety in your grow list - good luck this season!

Hi Sean, Greetings from the Pioneer Valley. How's the weather out by Buzzard's Bay? Are the schoolies in yet? Good luck with your grow. I'm getting my beds ready for planting too... I've got about 70 chilies to plant as well as the other garden truck. Cheers

Prevailing winds have been a bit gustier than normal. I'm just off the water and as such enjoy about 5-10 degrees warmer temps and a fraction of the wind. Temps today around 70 and should be in the mid 80's tomorrow! Plants are getting weathered tomorrow!

as you can see from the photos, the patch is outdoors. It sits almost due east-west with little tree cover to obstruct. It is about 13' x 20' give or take. I've still got a bit of grass to remove and need to till, but should be good to go into the ground soon. What you cannot see is to the left of my patch, which is the landlord's garden, which is about 100' x 200' and will be holding tomatoes, cukes, zucchini, summer squash, butternut squash, turnips and strawberries. If all goes well, I see hours of pickling and jarring ahead!

Back