• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Monsanto peppers

Just to let other Monsanto haters know what peppers to stay away from in order to keep money away from the devil. I just found out one of my favorites the Sahuaro is on the list :(

Buying these will support Monsanto's evil plan of controlling the world's food
Anaheim TMR 23, Ancho Saint Martin, Big Bomb, Big Chile brand of Sahuaro, Caribbean Red, Cayenne Large Red Thick, Chichen Itza, Chichimeca, Corcel, Garden Salsa SG, Habanero, Holy Mole brand of Salvatierro, Hungarian Yellow Wax Hot, Ixtapa X3R, Lapid, Mariachi brand of Rio de Oro, Mesilla, Milta, Mucho Nacho brand of Grande, Nainari, Serrano del Sol brand of Tuxtlas, Super Chile, Tam Vera Cruz
* Not too sure what they consider "habanero" since they obviously did not create or discover it

:mad:
Thanks for the list there Potawie...
But yes, why the hell is 'Habanero' on there??? That doesn't seem right... Assuming they know the meaning of the word.

I was doing some research into this myself. Some of the varieties have been GMOd, whereas some, like the Caribbean Red, they just own the name of. Monsanto sucks.

http://www.organicau...ggie-seeds.html

"After acquiring seed manufacturer Seminis Inc. in 2005, Monsanto has since purchased four more seed companies, expanded to 57 research centers, and nearly one-fifth—4,000 of its 21,000 employees—are working on growing the fruit and vegetable seed business."

http://www.organicau...foods-expansio/

just don't let them catch wind that we trade those seeds. Might not be a bad idea to ban the trade of Monsanto owned stuff. Saw a documentary about how they sue the crap out of anyone messing with "their" seeds without their royalties. Just my .02

Trading their pepper seeds is not illegal they only own the name, there is no PVP(plant variety protection) and no GM peppers
The problem is that most of their seeds are f1 hybrids so saving/trading seeds is much less common.

You can only own something/patent it if it has been genetically modified. Then they patent the gene that is in their frankenseeds and any seeds containing those genes are theirs. Apparently even accidental cross pollinations. I think it's bullshit to "own" seeds, but Monsanto has gotten rich doing it.

yeah.. but thos ebig try to get rid of all "normal seeds" by filling the market with their own seeds....
that's the problem...
the best seeds are probably the heirloom types that has been used in specific region so they are aclimated, more resistant and grown in the right condition.
but each year that part of seeds that are available diminish and those super engineered seeds takes over.

If you click on any category you get a column that says "disease resistance". Are you telling me those are natural?

Disease resistance can be bred without being a GMO product. I guess it depends on what you mean by natural. I have resigned myself (as most) to the fact that human natural selection is still "natural", even if some of it is done in a lab.

Salmon genes in corn, though? Nah. Don't think so.

edit: Sethsquatch, I need to ask you about snails/slugs and cinder blocks. Patrick says you have a theory. I'll PM you as soon as I remember again... :)

I do all i can to make sure i dont have GMO seed and now i find out that carribean red and chicken itza and ancho st martin are there goes all my years of collecting please tell me its just the names he bought and its still safe to have those varieties :(

GMO for all purposes im against. I went to the fish store the other day and i saw little "glow fish" that were genteticaly modified to have a jellyfish gene and i wanted to cry because i couldnt believe how they would hurt poor defensless little fish just for a little decoration in the fish tank. I read about cows with human genes so the produce human milk. I might go vegan if they use them for meat thats just canibalism i also heard they were doing the same to rice so that they would be more disease resistent.

HEY MONSANTO GO GENETICALY MODIFY YOURSELF SO YOU CAN STAND THE HEAT IN HELL IF THE DEVIL WOULD EVEN BE KIND ENOUGH TO TAKE SOMEONE LIKE YOU! (sorry if i broke a rule on religion on the forum its just this GMO stuff goes all against my morals i cant believe they would do such things)

Monsanto is not genetically modifying peppers but I still would try to avoid supporting the devil. If it was currently possible to make round-up ready chile, they likely would have by now

Monsanto is not genetically modifying peppers but I still would try to avoid supporting the devil. If it was currently possible to make round-up ready chile, they likely would have by now

I think it's entirely possible, we just don't grow peppers like we do corn, soy, and wheat. If ever we do, I guarantee they will be given the old roundup ready treatment.

Back