• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

sick white bullet

My white bullet is showing some leaves with black spots.
It started about 2 days ago and now 1-3 leaves per day are showing these spots ;(

The white bullet is inside in my grow room and I don't want it to contaminate the other plants.

Should I put it in the trash or just keep removing the the leaves?

What is it ? fungi?

whitehabdisease.jpg

thx

Dude, not sure what that is. Never seen black spots like that. Are your plants sneaking cigarettes and smoking in the closet? Seriously though, I would keep the plant isolated. Don't ditch it just yet. I had a few plants that were devastated with aphids and trimmed them way back from the dead stuff, applied anti-aphid zombie spray, killed em' all and then God sorted out the bodies and then the 2 remaining plants are now bushing out with dozens of flowers and have made a super comeback. Hope someone can help you solve it. Cheers, TB.

imaguitargod said:
Looks like sun scolding. Do you water them in direct sun? Water droplets majorly magnify the sun and cause burns like that.

I just water them from the bottom. The leaves have never been wet.
Gulp... I'm just about to throw it away.... :(

habman said:
I just water them from the bottom. The leaves have never been wet.
Gulp... I'm just about to throw it away.... :(

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Don't throw it out. Keep it seperated and see what happens. Spray it with some chili powder mixed with water, garlic, onion, and a little dishwasher soap (non anti-bacterial) and see what you get. That doesn't seem to warrent throwing the plant out (based on the pic).

I have seen it in roses, but never peppers.
If I remember correctly, there's a web page about that problem, I'll search for it.

EDIT:
Here it is.
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3072.html

Control Hints

1. Keep foliage dry. Plant roses in sunny locations to encourage drying after rains. Avoid sites with dense surrounding vegetation, so that good air movement will dry leaves. Avoid overhead irrigation, especially late in the day. Black spot is most severe in summers with sustained rainy periods.

2. Sanitation. Remove all black spotted leaves from and around plants. This should be done throughout the season. Before winter, remove and clean up all diseased leaves and remove diseased canes where possible.

3. Disease resistance. Listing susceptibility and resistance of all roses would take volumes. In addition, the occurrence of local races of the pathogen often result in a particular cultivar being listed as susceptible in one area and resistant in another. However, some lists have general usefulness; see Table 1. Also, consult local Extension publications and books, consult local rosarians and garden center horticulturists, and make observations of relative disease incidence in local rose collections and your own gardens.

4. Preventive fungicide applications. Fungicide controls are not successful if cultural and sanitation practices listed above are not followed. For fungicides to work, applications must be made preventively, providing a protective fungicide barrier which kills germinating fungal spores that have landed on plant tissue.

If conditions for infection are present and a high level of control is desired, preventive spray programs often start as soon as rose foliage emerges in the spring and continue throughout the summer at frequent intervals (as frequently as every 7 to 10 days in wet weather). Frequently used fungicides for black spot control include triforine (Funginex), and phaltan.

Habman, has it ever been outside?

You might want to give it and any plants that were next to it a fungus treatment. I agree with Omri that it looks more like a fungus than insect damage.

You might look up some information on Bacterial Spot on peppers, too.

Pam said:
Habman, has it ever been outside?

You might want to give it and any plants that were next to it a fungus treatment. I agree with Omri that it looks more like a fungus than insect damage.

You might look up some information on Bacterial Spot on peppers, too.

It's never been outside but I always leave the window open.
I did try to root some pear cuttings.
I also brought a jalapeno and lavender plant that were grown outside but they show no signs of infection.
I don't want to use any pesticide/fungicide.

White hab is going to the trash can tonight!

Thx all for the help.

White bullet fix.

Sick white bullet.
He looks weird because I had chop it down a few weeks ago. Under the HPS this sucker was over 4ft tall!
Under blue light, growth has not been a problem. I had at least 100 tiny flower buds.
IMG_2901.jpg

closeup sick white bullet.
Not much sick leaves showing because I removed them all before.
IMG_2902.jpg

Cut down white bullet.
IMG_2904.jpg

immersed for 20 min in diluted hydrogen peroxide solution. I think I over did the h202 but I'm sure no bacteria or fungi survived.
I'll be fun to see if WB comes back to life.

Back