• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Hot Head Burritos

I tried Hot Head Burritos today. One opened up in my neighborhood, so I thought it was time to go in.

Here's a link to their web site:

http://hotheadburritos.com/

They appear to have about 30 franchises in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, And Pennsylvania.

Quite frankly, this place is a copy-cat of Chipotle. There is no two ways about it. But that doesn't make them bad....

They copied the best of Chipotle, added a little variety, and have lower prices. The variety I'm talking about is a bonus to chileheads. Unlike Chipotle, Hot Head has banana pepper and Jalapeno peppers as options on burritos and tacos,and they have 9 sauces in addition to the three Tabasco brands.

I chose a chicken burrito with white rice, pintos, tomato salsa, cheese, jalapenos, and lettuce, with their hottest sauce offering -- "Straight Habanero."

The burrito tasted just fine. About like Chipotle's chicken burrito, but the habanero sauce added distinct habanero flavor, along with heat that you won't find at Chipotle. It wasn't face-melting heat. But it was nice to have a decent level of heat without having to bring my own sauce or powder into the restaurant. As you can imagine, they promote the "Straight Habanero" as their "extreme" choice, rated 6 fireballs or whatever they are. It is about the heat level of average habanero sauces you might find in a retail store.

Other meat flavors, nacho plates, and tacos await, and I'm sure I'll sample them all. Like I said, it is a bit more affordable than Chipotle for about the same amount and quality of food. They don't sell beer, but they have some perks. Free soft drink if you show them their app on your phone. Free cookie Monday. A rewards card for free food. And other promotions make this a place I will go again :)

Looks good. But th ebest burrito I've ever had (apart from homemade) was from Big Fat Burrito here in Toronto, Canada.

http://bigfatburrito.ca/

Dear etothepii ....

Thank you for the fair commentary on Hot Head Burritos. We do pride ourselves in offering a quality product. We like to offer a variety of sauces so that no matter what your in the mood for .... mild to wild, we aim to please. Btw what store did you go into ? Perrysburg Ohio opened Monday and I was curious if you went there. Again thank you for coming in and we hope to see ya again. Co-founder Cynde.

Back