• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Mankeli's chili plants in Finland

Hello!

So.. i'm 25 year old guy from Finland and i love chilis very much!! I have been growing now for 3 years. It's still snow on the ground here and pretty cold, so my plants are still indoors. On sunny days i have took few plants to outside for a while. Here's my list and some photos for this season:

Black Pearl
Black Pearl/Chinense (It was Black Pearl seed i planted but the flowers are from Chinense chili.. interesting mix)
Brown Large Habanero
Champion x Bhut Jolokia
Peruvian White Habanero
Aji Habanero
Aji Cristal
Gumdrop
Cayenne
Orange Habanero
Bhut Jolokia x Trinidad Perfume

IMG_9796.JPG

Here's almost 3 years old Cayenne

IMG_9897.JPG

Black Pearl

IMG_5207.JPG

Bhut Jolokia x Trinidad Perfume.. about 1,5 years old.

IMG_9873.JPG

Orange Habanero.. also 1,5 years old.

IMG_9839.JPG

Champion x Bhut Jolokia.. rare mix. Grows like Champion but has Chinense type flowers.

IMG_9757.JPG

Little one's enjoying the sun!

IMG_9901.JPG

This one is Black Pearl and some chinense mix. Thought it's Black Pearl but it has Chinense type flowers.

IMG_9896.JPG

Cayenne pod

I hope it's soon warmer here so i could take all chilis to outdoors.. but it doesnt look too good. For next two weeks it's like +5 degrees and not very sunny. Yesterday and day before it was snowing more again. So the growing season is pretty short in here.. i dont like that! Hope the summer is warm and sunny! :)

Mankeli, your plants look really good! The overwinters are
awesome, especially that Cayenne - looks like a bonsai!
Welcome to THP.

Mankeli, your plants look really good! The overwinters are
awesome, especially that Cayenne - looks like a bonsai!
Welcome to THP.

Thank you very much PaulG! Two of the overwinters are still trying to wake up from the winter.. and are getting used to their new pots. Maybe they start to grow soon.. i hope! :D
The Cayenne is one of my favourite plants. Not very good tasting though. I had it in a bonsai pot whole winter but now i planted it to a bigger pot and let it grow!
Thanks for the welcomes also.. i wanted to put my Glog on a foreign site so i can also work my english language a bit.. hehe! :)

Thank you very much PaulG! Two of the overwinters are still trying to wake up from the winter.. and are getting used to their new pots. Maybe they start to grow soon.. i hope! :D
The Cayenne is one of my favourite plants. Not very good tasting though. I had it in a bonsai pot whole winter but now i planted it to a bigger pot and let it grow!
Thanks for the welcomes also.. i wanted to put my Glog on a foreign site so i can also work my english language a bit.. hehe! :)

The Cayenne should make good powder/flakes.
You work the english language well, Mankeli!

Yes.. i use dried Cayenne with black pepper. Works nice!
I try to do my best with my english.. i havent been able to use it for a while so its nice to write it now.. :)

Took some flower photos today.. :)

IMG_5146.JPG

C.chinense 'Bhut Jolokia x Trinidad Perfume'

IMG_9866.JPG

C.annuum 'Black Pearl'

IMG_9727.JPG

C.annuum 'Cayenne'

IMG_9836.JPG

This one is Champion x Bhut Jolokia.. i'm very interested to see what kind of pods this one makes.. ;)

Thank you all! :)

Today was pretty nice day.. +7 celsius and sun shined all day. On sun it was +32 degrees. I took few chilis outside and i think they liked it.. so did i! :P I want more this kind of sunny days.. it's so cool to see some sunlight after dark dark winter!! :party:

Yesterday was snowing again.. blah! I'm starting to think that the summer is never here! :(

IMG_9920.JPG

That's how it looks outside.. :(

IMG_9922.JPG

Black Pearl flower.. it's so cool looking flower! :) Hope theres pods soon..

IMG_9927.JPG

Champion x Bhut Jolokia in it's new pot!

IMG_9911.JPG

Aji Cristal in Zen Grow hydro.

IMG_9908.JPG

Gumdrop in Zen Grow hydro.

Hmm... i totally forgot to write about my overwinter plants on my parent's place. :D Need to take some photos on my next visit. Today i moved few plants to bigger pots. Here's the list of those plants on my parents place:

Bolivian Rainbow
Pomeo
Fatalii
Aji Panca
Orange Habanero x2
Lemon Drop
Heart Throb
Hot Tree Pepper
Rocoto Peru Pisa

So.. today was a sunny day and i was my parents place on a visit. I took few plants to outside with me enjoy the sun. I also took few photos.. all of these plants are now started to grow a bit after the long winter:

IMG_1476.JPG

Here's Fatalii, Rocoto Peru Pisa and Heart Throb. The Rocoto i will put on the ground soon as the snow melts and weather gets warmer.

IMG_1478.JPG

A closer look at the Rocoto Peru Pisa. One of my favourite plants every way.. nice looking, makes lot's of pods and the taste is awesome!

IMG_1479.JPG

Fatalii. This one was much smaller at last summer but still made lots of pods.. cant wait to see how this summer goes! ;)

IMG_1480.JPG

Heart Throb. This is very fun plant. Not my favourite taste but i like the way it looks.

When i next time visit my parents i take more photos.. now didnt have time to photo all of them.

another bonsai/overwinter owner. You guys makes me jealous!

Looking good!

Thanks for your visit mate! I had one plant on a bonsai pot.. it was pretty nice. After this summer i will buy some more bonsai pots and try it again. Maybe i try to find a photo of that bonsai i had... :rolleyes:
So you dont have any overwinter plants?

Nice pics again! We also had snow on easter... I am hope we get some of that sunshine too but it doesnt look promising.

Nice pics again! We also had snow on easter... I am hope we get some of that sunshine too but it doesnt look promising.

Thanks! Yea.. here was snowing too yesterday. Now it looks like we are having atleast few sunny days coming.. so cool! :)

Here's some flower and fruit photos from last summer! :)

IMG_2310.JPG

Some baccatum flower

IMG_3090.JPG

Bolivian Rainbow twins.. :D

Rampon%2520Twin.jpg

Heart Throb twins

IMG_0592.JPG

Rocoto Peru Pisa

IMG_0633.JPG

Biquinho

IMG_0756.JPG

Congo x Tiger Teeth.. that was hardcore!

IMG_1145.JPG

Bolivian Rainbow

IMG_1200.JPG

PI 260567

IMG_1202.JPG

Hot Tree Pepper pods

IMG_1236.JPG

Naga Morich turning red

Back