• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

health whats wrong with my pepper?

I got this hot banana pepper plant and its been getting very anemic, dropping some leafs, drying up others and turning yellow, I've keeped the soil moist keeped it on the sun and even small dosed fertilizer every day its getting worst what can I do? Here's a pic of my plant
2012-04-06184132.jpg

I think he meant it's getting worse everyday, not fertzing every day.

If you are ferting every day though, you should stop that. Could be a bit too moist, too.

Could it be the soil?

It's lookin more like beauty bark than potting soil to me..
If you've tried everything else re-potting it into different soil might do wonders.

A simple solution like that saved 200 plants for me and they looked alot like yours before I did.
I used black gold organic potting soil, it worked great.

Good luck

Brandon

I do not think the soil you have selected is a good choice. Did you check the roots whether they look healthy, no disease is present in the root ball and mostly no pests are damaging them ?

I'd try repotting the plant into a different soil, adding a bit more vermiculite/perlite to improve drainage and aeration, and use some mild but fast-desolving fertilizer. This plant is close to its death.

To me it looks like you are over watering.

try to repot it, and keep the soil dry for a while before you water it.
Add vermiculite/perlite like darkb16a1 said and don't feed it till it start getting better and start to flower.

I think your killing it with kindness. Let the soil dry out, then flush it with good water. Don't exactly want to keep the soil moist all the time. Wait til its screaming for water then give it some. IMO i wouldn't use a slow release nutes because you never know how their gonna react to em. You should start out with 1/4 strength see what happens and gradually work your way up to full strength. Do you know the ph of your soil?

I took the advice this mornung, changef the soil and this soil was supper wet from the bottom, I'm guessing the soil wasn't draining well, I changed it to a better soil and hope for the best, no ferts right now

Looks a little overwatered. It might be the slow release ferts and overwatering causing the leaf drop.

I took the advice this mornung, changef the soil and this soil was supper wet from the bottom, I'm guessing the soil wasn't draining well, I changed it to a better soil and hope for the best, no ferts right now

Yeah, I'd hold off on the ferts. It should do good in the better soil. Good luck!

Looks to me like the roots aren't getting enough oxygen. Your soil needs more drainage and less ferts.

Well even after I change the soil to a better one the plant is slowly dying I'm not sure if the plant is going to make it, I'm hoping for the best but its last leaf is dropping as we speak and the new buds ontop are drying up and turning black

Back