Home Brew website???

I was just wondering if you had thought about adding a home brew website to your group of sites? you seem to have the perfect setup for social interaction with the Hot Pepper and Street Eateries brands and I personally use the genius that is Wheebz for my brew consultation. I'd love to see you create a brew forum in the hot pepper style.

Just a thought.

Hi, I just popped over to the other site to have a quick look.
I for one would join in on a dedicated Home Brew site, I have been Brewing for 35 Years. I love to experiment, and try new things.

No probs. Tell me the forum categories you would like to see. And you know how the THP is organized. Not too many sub-forums, more of a concentrated layout with catch-all categories. You can help me out here. Thanks

Things that I would be really interested in seeing would be a Recipe section with two sub categories, All Grain and Extract.
Then a category for all the newbies like me possibly called "Did I Ruin It?". A place where all of us newbies can ask about the different things that we did that may or may not have ruined our first batches.
I also would have loved to see a category on yeast strains. Where people can talk about which are their favorite strains and favorite temps to ferment with them in different beers.
When I was first looking for a starter brewing kit I would have liked to have read what others recommend, so that might be a good category too.

Just some thoughts.

Maybe even a category about growing hops. The local home brew shop was selling rhizomes when I went yesterday and I was thinking about giving it a shot.

Well not everyone just makes beer

there are a lot of people that make meads and ciders and wine too

i mean we could do like beer/wine/other

What about spirits section? i had a real nice scotch whiskey home brew over the holidays & you would never have known it was a home brew, superb drop.

Mezo. :drunk:

Hey boss, I was just thinking about how helpful the home brewers were answering questions that weren't really answered or were answered in a way that could be mis-understood in the books most homebrewers read to learn the craft, how about something like a Homebrewing 101 thread where there could be sub threads like:

How To - how to homebrew, how to make a certain style like a lambic, etc...
Lessons Learned The Hard Way - this could be really funny
Ask A Brewer - like the Ask Wheebz thread, we're really lucky to not just have a professional brewer as a active member but one who is happy to answer all of our questions and even assist us in developing new brews.
I'm sure there are others that would pop up.

Just a thought
Cheers,
RM

heh i have no problem answering questions, its fun

BUT

i require 500 dollars a month, cash, mailed to a PO box to keep the FEDs away

and 17 automatic TD crowns

Things that I would be really interested in seeing would be a Recipe section with two sub categories, All Grain and Extract.
Then a category for all the newbies like me possibly called "Did I Ruin It?". A place where all of us newbies can ask about the different things that we did that may or may not have ruined our first batches.
I also would have loved to see a category on yeast strains. Where people can talk about which are their favorite strains and favorite temps to ferment with them in different beers.
When I was first looking for a starter brewing kit I would have liked to have read what others recommend, so that might be a good category too.

Just some thoughts.

Maybe even a category about growing hops. The local home brew shop was selling rhizomes when I went yesterday and I was thinking about giving it a shot.
I already told you. one brew day with me and you will never use extract again.

Back