• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

I am so proud of my chili cooking pod

this weekend in Texas our pod did very well.
1st of all i did absolutly horrible in chili.....first one in the trash can.......boooooooooo
now for the good news
bill and pat lundy long time members of our pod was introduced into the chili hall of flame (alot like a hall of fame)
there was a show team that asked me to help them out and our team came in first place. I got to save up some money but i have earned the right to buy a jacket that signifies that i am a member of a international championship chili showteam.
now for more great news 2 of our members made it to the final table one (robin miller) came in 17th or 16th place and another member (jean lundy) came in 18th or 19th.....this folks was out of 344 chilis..........that to me is big.

I was in one of the large shows in 2005 and we came in second place. The jacket is lightweight and nice looking.

You will enjoy it. There aren't too many of the jackets around and whey you wear it, you are saying you were at Terlingua and did well in the competition.

Tried to post a picture and even a link but nothing worked.

congrats bubba! that's great news. haha i bet i'd have enjoyed that first batch that was devoured by the trash can. :lol: i've never had any competition chili before.

If yours was the first in the can, then you got a 1st in Texas and should be proud! Congrats. Love that you got in on the show team! I know how much you (and I) love the showpieces.

Congrats to the Lundy and the Miller. Great showing for our local pod. Turns out us Carolinians can cook up some mean red!

Back