• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

First glog, first time growing

about 3 weeks after seedling
img0228g.jpg

and thats what i have today

yellow scotch bonnet
img0340tg.jpg

fatalii
img0341wk.jpg

jamaican red
img0346fu.jpg

early jalapeno / purple jalapeno / tam jalapeno
img0343n.jpg
img0344yg.jpg
img0345rk.jpg

img0335qp.jpg

You have some healthy looking plants. The Yellow Scotch Bonnet is one of my favorites.
Good luck with your garden

Greg

Yes, absolutely indoor. Unfortunately i live in a studio and my balcony is part of my room now so they will continue grow indoor

No lights no gear no special equipment, only what u see in these pictures. I mean no artificial lights, only the big window from near my pots (u can se in the last picture the light is coming from left).
The real challenge for me was to germinate the seeds when outside were -20 celsius (26 january) so I put my tray with the pots onto the radiator that is heating the room with a plastic foil dome on top.

I put two seeds in every cup u see in the first picture. Since I left that tray directly onto the radiator the temp was about 25-28 celsius permanently and I keeped the soil moist with a spayer (once a day in small quantities).
After germination I left the sprouts grow for about 3 cm and then I separate them in individual cups. All of my seeds have germinate corectly and every single one got out :surprised:. (and i didn`t lost any plant :onfire: )
Jalapeno Tam and Early, and Jamaican Red germinated in 6 days, Purple Jalapeno and Scotch Bonnet in 7 and Fatalii in 10 days. For me, not the germination was the hardest, but the first 3-4 weeks after that. Little sprouts are very sensible.

Cheers dude!

By the way, I have a question for you guys. From all of my plants the yellow scotch bonnet is the one i`m not 100% sure of it. I bought the seeds from a guy that tagged it as "Yellow Habanero". Now searching the web i found this Burkina Yellow plant wich looks preety much like my plant. What do you think, could my plant be a burkina ?

Its difficult to tell by the leaf structure. The Burkina is a good tasting pepper and producer. Heres a photo from last season

20110716050.jpg

One suggestion, if you're only using window light you may want to pinch back the top growth if the plant gets too large. That will help develope lower branching. By keeping the "fruit" low on the plant you'll prevent the plant from becoming top heavy.
Another method to keep the plant low and in the sunlight is to train the plant to grow laterially. You can achieve that gradually to a 90 degree angle. With the plant staked at that angle inner shoots will form and you'll end up with many branches growing upwards. It does work well for the window or small closet type grow space.
Good luck with your grow.......I will be posting photos of the plants and peppers when I plant them outdoors.
I have over 10 varieties of Bonnets with the most recent from Jamaica

Greg

Good to know. Thanks for advices Greg, i will keep in mind for the right moment.
Good luck with your grow too!

Back