• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Hornet BOMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamecycle

Extreme Member
So I just received a bottle of Hornet BOMBin the mail and decided to open it up for a taste immediately. It can be purchased at pexpeppers.com, and hails from THP's own member PexPeppers.

Ingredients: Habaneros, white vinegar, buckwheat honey, lime juice

Appearance: The color is a semi-translucent orange and it is clearly thick and clumpy with some seeds in the mix. (Ill try to upload pictures once I find my camera charger).

Scent: OMG. It is amazingly sweet and tangy smelling. Definitely a fruity habanero scent but also a blast of sweetness that must come from the buckwheat honey, and only a slight touch of vinegar. I cant place the smell exactly but it makes you want to dive right into the bottle. Seriously, it smells delicious.

Texture: It is thick but runny at the same time, like evenly pulverized ingredients are suspended in solution that magically doesn't separate. Mine is warm right now, I am sure it will thicken up a little when in the refrigerator. You can feel the ground up peppers on your tongue, but they are soft and evenly blended (reminds me of a lightly puree'd pineapple in texture). It is quite pleasant.

Flavor: Delicious! Tangy from the vinegar and lime but I cannot distinguish the vinegar as distinctly "vinegar flavored" at all. It is very sweet also, the buckwheat honey is absolutely perfectly done. It is not your kroger bear shaped honey flavor, but a more complex and full bodied sweetness that is new to me. The habanero flavor comes through pretty well too, that fruity perfectly ripe hab flavor. It is to die for. The combination of tangy and sweet is perfect to give it pungency and lingering flavor that makes me want more.

Food: I haven't tried this on anything but a spoon yet. I'm actually afraid that my food might ruin the awesomeness of the sauce. The first thought I had for this sauce was to dump it over cream cheese and dip crackers through it like I see people do with raspberry jam stuff at parties. I also imagine it would go great with chicken or other lightly flavored foods. Any desert application would probably work great (icecream, cheesecake topping etc). If you are like me, you will probably end up just using potato chips as edible spoons for this sauce.

Heat: This bad boy is a REAL creeper. Seriously, it takes about a full minute for the heat to really kick in for me. Which is awesome because the flavor lingers and you can really savor it. Once it does kick in its got a decent kick to it, I'd say maybe a 7? (I'm not great at ranking heats because I dont know what a 10 for the average person is. If a 10 is super-hot puree then this is a 7. If a 10 is Tabasco sauce this is a 150. lol. Its good and hot but its meant to be enjoyed by a chile head poured straight on stuff, not mixed into something to heat it up). Heat hits me on the top of the tongue, roof of the mouth, and lips - really wherever it touches.

Overall: Highly recommended. I don't know how much more of this stuff he has on stock but if you believe in God, pray that Pex makes another batch. Truly impressed, I have a feeling I will finish this bottle within the week.

Oh, Neil and Luke did a video review of this stuff too if you wanna check it out.

mine is actually out of my kitchen at home, everything is sanitized before hand as well as the bottles. its just a hobby sauce for now

. . . . . . but you are still selling it and collecting sales tax on it!? Wait a minute, did I miss something here????? :shame:

Don't let the Department of Agriculture catch you. . . . .

Not according to your website...

Capture.jpg

My comment was not meant to question the flavor of this so. In fact, it does sound delicious. My complaint is with someone who doesn't follow the health code rules for selling a product to the public. Whether the rules suck or a just inconvenient, they are in place for a reason. . . public safety! A part of the registration process is to have a sanitary inspector ensure your procedures are safe. Also, ALL products are required to be laboratory tested in addition.

Can you tell us all that you've done this Pex? The rules are a pain in the ass and expensive BUT that's all part of the game we play. I suggest you get legal...

drama drama,,woot drama!! being legit ,is expensive and costs customers. i all day look at adds for what im doing and most of the people dont have nursery license,or stamps for shipping. so what that means is a plant i sell for 7 dollars the other dude can sell for 3. what this means is the powder i sell for 15 the other person can sell for 7 ,,,,,whats the diffrence,ive paid thousands in inspections, and license.. and since ive done that as soon as i sell something i have a hundred people checking ,and looking at me, ,,, by the way it just started raining here which is such a blessing,woot rain ,hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

also i can personally say redtail is legit and his products go thre agg just like mine,and it does suck when someone else doesnt! its like lets build a shed one dude that slicensed it costs 1000,or the illegal immigrant can do it for 300. i lost my lawn business because of unlicensed ,people that can work under the radar,.. that crap is not cool when you work hard and some dude black balls u ,,,,illegal

sorry for any mispell,,,i work. i dont teach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back