• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Tested Capaicin for pain last night.

My woman was complaining that her back hurt really bad last night and she had some really sore muscles that were knotting up in her lower back. I remembered reading about how capaicin worked for pain and I figured I'd do a little experiement. While I would rather...EAT my hotsauce I put a couple drops of Megadeath on her back and rubbed it in really well. She laid on the floor for about a half hour with it on. She said it was really warm and tingled. When she got up she was pretty amazed that it worked. She had absolutely no back pain whatsover!!!:shocked::cool: The stuff really works for that. However she's not getting my hotsauce everyday for that though.:lol:

I have problems with my hands when my band does those 4 hour marathon gigs. I have a lotion with capsaicin in it. It helps tremendously.

I'd never waste my sauce on my hands, though!

DevilDuck said:
I have problems with my hands when my band does those 4 hour marathon gigs. I have a lotion with capsaicin in it. It helps tremendously.

I'd never waste my sauce on my hands, though!

I'm going to have to tell her about that lotion. She said the sauce worked better than Ben Gay, or Icy Hot!

DD/All: I am have the starting stages of rheumatoid arthritis in my hands. Knuckles starting to get larger and fingers starting to twist some. Not a good thing for a mandolin player. Whenever my knuckles are aching/hurting, I take a fresh Cayenne or Tabasco pepper, cut it off next to the stem and rub the stem end on my knuckles. The pain in the joints stop. I then eat the rest of the pepper. I always do this before a gig even if my knuckles don't hurt just as a preventative measure.

I have read about the reasons this works. It does not physically help the joints. What it does do is create a burning sensation on the skin and the brain starts thinking about the burning on the skin as opposed to the pain in the joints. In other words, you have simply fooled your body to think about something else. Like the old saying, If you stub your toe and it hurts, hit your thumb with a hammer and your toe will stop hurting.

I am sure the cream would work well also, but why buy the cream when I have fresh hot peppers to use.

AJ... I get what you're saying, but I too have a slight touch of RA. ...and being a drummer, that really sucks. When I use that lotion the swelling actually goes down a bit, and I can actually grab a bottle of beer about ten minutes after applying it.

OK DD you talked me into it....I will stop and get some lotion this afternoon on the way home from work. Got an 8-1 gig tomorrow night...we are calling it the marathon....

chilliman64 said:
hey rabbit, I hope there was no late night spooning!

:hell:;):cool::lol:...............That's some funny stuff!!!..LOL!!

P.S- Oddly the reason her back may be hurting is a possible symptom from that..........I'm not sure yet, but I may have little Rabbits running around the house. Don't know yet though.

Almost all of my family from my mother side has Arthritis.
Lately I feel my joints hurting and parts of my body swell.
The doctor didn't find anything while testing me, but my mother said it was the same for her when she was young.
Meaning I might have Arthritis as well.
To be honest I feel the pain right now, so is it possible for capsaicin to ease the pain?
Should I use something mild, or hotter is better? I mean I get some really hot stuff, including the Nagas I'm growing right now.

Evidentally, cap is good for migraines also. I have bad cluster headaches and am considering trying this product. Interesting way he figured it out though.

At the time, I was a self defense instructor making the talk show rounds, and I agreed to be sprayed by real defensive pepper spray for television news segment. Shortly before I had to do the demonstration, I got one of my terrible cluster headaches. If you’ve ever had a cluster headache, you’d know they are absolutely debilitating. Figuring I’d be on the ground riling in pain anyway, I went on with the demonstration.

Within seconds after the reporter sprayed me, my headache started to disappear. I had been on all kinds of headache drugs, but nothing ever worked like this. Soon after, I started researching everything concerning headaches and capsaicin, (the active natural ingredient in pepper spray). I started experimenting with a natural capsaicin extract, and within a year I had created my own capsaicin nasal spray. Unlike the terrible effects of defensive pepper spray, my formula delivers capsaicin without into the nasal cavity without excessive burning. I’ve been using it for three years now with no more cluster headaches.

http://www.sinusbuster.com/

Back