• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June TD - Stump Sum - BURGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
I have an idea...

June we shall play Stump Sum. He is a 5 crown winner with a three-peat, so I went over the previous TDs to find his kryptonite. Apparently Sum is weak on the grill with classic eats.

Votes:
Burger - 1
Beefless Burger (any meat, fish, veg) - 0
Hot Dog - 0
Also he did not enter Grillin' and Chillin', Holy Smoke, or Steak.

Is Sum's kryptonite the grill and classic American? Is June the perfect month to find out if we can Stump Sum?

If so shall we revisit burgers (hell yeah) or open it up to all grilling?

If you want to Stump Sum chime in.

It's been a hella long time since we did a straight up burger TD! Let's stump Sum!

I'd happily give it a go. However, I happen to know that his grill is broken, and needs $$$ to fix.
Would you barrow FD's Sum?

I don't know that I would fare so good even if he cooked over a paper plate lit on fire,
His path from a three-peat to a four-sum might be unstoppable.
Then there's the rest of y'all.... Holee...... [expletive deleted].

i will have fun tho!

I can fix mine, no prob. I got some Home Depot cards somewhere around here. I'd rather use FD's. His simple charcoal Weber is a little more versatile.

Burgers are fine, but wouldn't that be a July thing due to 4th of July. I say leave it open or just make it red meat: steaks, Prime Rib, etc.

Burgers are fine, but wouldn't that be a July thing due to 4th of July. I say leave it open or just make it red meat: steaks, Prime Rib, etc.

Damn man you only eat burgers once a year?

Wait.... so is it grilling burgers, grilling anything, or just burgers done any method?

Still open for discussion.

I think the idea of a grill TD sounds cool. I think it should be anything burgers, steaks, fish, chicken.... whatever your heart desires on the grill..... :)

I think Stump Sum On The Grill is a good theme... damn Sum sorry you will have to buy a grill! If you are not down (stumped :lol:) just lemme know.

I have an idea...

June we shall play Stump Sum. He is a 5 crown winner with a three-peat, so I went over the previous TDs to find his kryptonite. Apparently Sum is weak on the grill with classic eats.

Votes:
Burger - 1
Beefless Burger (any meat, fish, veg) - 0
Hot Dog - 0
Also he did not enter Grillin' and Chillin', Holy Smoke, or Steak.

Is Sum's kryptonite the grill and classic American? Is June the perfect month to find out if we can Stump Sum?

If so shall we revisit burgers (hell yeah) or open it up to all grilling?

If you want to Stump Sum chime in.

It's been a hella long time since we did a straight up burger TD! Let's stump Sum!
I would bang with Sum on a steak challenge....

You guys decide if it's grilling, or burgers on the grill. Want to keep it grilling, for June, and burgers would be more focused. Discuss.

EDIT: I'm leaning toward burgers on the grill, gas or charcoal/wood fire.

I'd rather see a list of burgers than steak, burgers, weird foo foo to judge.

I'm down for grilling. I've got it all at my disposal. No worries.

I'd just nail down the term "grilling." To me, that's direct heat.

If it's just "must use a grill" then direct vs. indirect heat is an option. (I know some people get their BBQ and their grilled mixed up.)

I tend to like the more specific TD's that focus on one thing. It makes for a more even playing field IMO. If it's just grilling with no other rules, I know some folks will make 7 course feasts that naturally do well with votes. I respect the effort and all, but it shouldn't be about who spent the most time and money. It should be about who did one thing the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back