• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

breeding Crossing fingers.

Tonight we are supposed to get our 1st freeze. So, all of the large plants that are in the ground are covered and I brought 3 juvenile plants inside (I had to dig up 2 of them).

Hopefully all will survive the night so I can tend to them in the morning before gorging myself on turkey and fixin's.

All of my herbs are in pots so, they came in as well. It would be hard to part with a thyme and sage that have been supplying my hot sauce endeavors for two years!

put some bottles of water near their bases they will heat up in the sunlight during the day and will keep the roots and base of the plant warm into the night. half submerge them in the soil if you can so the heat penetrates deeper.

Well... The big plants are gone. It was bound to happen anyway.

I've got two limon habs and an orange roccoto inside. Lets see how green my thumb really is.

DD,

Sorry about your loss. I can't explain it, but seeing some of my garden plants succumb to cold temps is not a reason to do a Snoopy Dance.

I managed to transplant a huge Hab that has given me 45 peppers so far, and probably 2/3 that more that will ripen: also pulled up a jala that has a couple dozen peppers that hopefully will ripen. Tha larger ones have, so that's a few more than I would have had. We aren't into winter weather, as far as temps (25-45, night to day range), but we are only getting about four hours - at most, of sunlight, and it seems to be from anything but overhead. Of course, in less than a month, the days will get longer and the sun will get higher!

Hey...it happens. It gets cold here in the winter.

I did go out and thank them for being so strong after the hail storm and providing me with a good harvest.

Back