• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Keeping Wings Warm

I'm throwing a huge party this Saturday and will be making a ton of Defcon 2 wings. My question to you guys, how do you keep these warm when at a party?

Whenever I do wings in bulk, they go cold very quickly. What's the trick to setting out 10 pounds of wings and keeping them warm for the guests?

Deal.

Just let me know where you'd like to go. BTW-- Chama River has a few new beers, and they're pretty tasty. Kelly's (Green Chile Chicken Soup joint) is always an option. Santa Fe Brewing Co. is really good, but it's about an hour to get there.

greeny said:
I'm throwing a huge party this Saturday and will be making a ton of Defcon 2 wings. My question to you guys, how do you keep these warm when at a party?

Whenever I do wings in bulk, they go cold very quickly. What's the trick to setting out 10 pounds of wings and keeping them warm for the guests?

Use an aluminum chafing dish, In the base pan, put about an inch or so of water, then put the top aluminum pan on top of the water to put the wings into. They usually use 2 cans of sterno per chafing dish.

I guess it ended up not really mattering. The wings were gone before I could even light the sterno. Much rave reviews.

A very good thing. Except now I'm out of Defcon. This time, I'll be sure to grab some Defcon 1 in addition to the 2.

Back