• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Need Pepper ID Please

So i thought i planted a yellow scotch bonnet. I planted a few of them and gave some away. This one was in a DWC hydro then i planted it into dirt. Ones that i gave away have a nice puffy exterior and are turning yellow. This one doesnt seem to be anywhere near that. It also just started to ripen a pepper and it looks like a red pepper. So im definitely confused. I looked up all the types of seeds i got and none match this.

photobucket-9587-1337526290311.jpg

and here is what the plant looks like
photobucket-553-1337526273442.jpg

What am i expecting here?

So i thought i planted a yellow scotch bonnet. I planted a few of them and gave some away. This one was in a DWC hydro then i planted it into dirt. Ones that i gave away have a nice puffy exterior and are turning yellow. This one doesnt seem to be anywhere near that. It also just started to ripen a pepper and it looks like a red pepper. So im definitely confused. I looked up all the types of seeds i got and none match this.

photobucket-9587-1337526290311.jpg

and here is what the plant looks like
photobucket-553-1337526273442.jpg

What am i expecting here?

The plant shows the traits of a C. Annuum.

Do you have a grow list?

How long have they been growing? I'd check the growth rate/maturity level and plant characteristics with your grow list like Harry suggested.

This is a clear case of Murphy's Law - giving away the desired peppers and getting stuck with the random unknown. The pods look good though; hope it works out...

My list was
yellow fatalii
datil
douglah
red savina
yellow 7 pod
yellow scotch bonnet
7 pod barakkapore
Scarlet lantern

Then some jalapenos and bells. Thats about it tho. Wow it does look like the hinklehatz but thats for sure no seeds i expected to have. All the seeds i got were from here FYI. I was hoping to ripen then give away some seeds here.

The age was really wierd. The hydro started back at the end of dec and it didnt do anything til i got the nutrients right in late january early feb. Then it grew like crazy. The peppers have been there since like early march. So its ripening early mid may?

My list was
yellow fatalii
datil
douglah
red savina
yellow 7 pod
yellow scotch bonnet
7 pod barakkapore
Scarlet lantern

Then some jalapenos and bells. Thats about it tho. Wow it does look like the hinklehatz but thats for sure no seeds i expected to have. All the seeds i got were from here FYI. I was hoping to ripen then give away some seeds here.

Were the seeds from isolated or non-isolated stock? It doesn't look like anything in the list. Maybe a bell cross?

It does look (in growth habit) like an annuum... you might have a hybrid, hinkelhatz is a Chinense.

The information I've seen on the Hinkelhatz points to it being a C. Annuum. I viewed a review by BeagleStorm where he commented about the taste being that of C. Annuum.

Were the seeds from isolated or non-isolated stock?

Not sure. I just got a little packet in the mail from one of the guys here. Maybe he accidentally gave me this. Oh well they are suppose to be good.

I have a yellow fatalii hydro that keeps droppin flowers. I gotta figure that out, maybe once it gets real sun it will set. This one did the same thing til i put it in dirt and outside. Maybe its not even a fatalii haha but given what the plant looks like im pretty sure its a c chinese

The leaves are huge unlike this plant so i'd think the hinklehatz is a different type. So i'd agree that its a c. annum

Anyway thanks for the answer!

Back