Hi from Spain

Not had a look around yet, I thought I'd introduce myself first!
It's my 3rd year growing chilis and I'm HOOKED! :hell:
I'm no expert but I'm looking forward to learning more from the forum!
I've already started sowing some seeds, none showing yet!
See you around :)
PS If any of you are interested in swapping (small numbers, not started saving my own yet!) let me know :)

POTAWIE said:
Hey Biscombe, what types of peppers are popular in Spain? and what do you grow?

Hi all! thanks for the welcome :)

Padron peppers a big here, one in every so many are hot! The Spanish don't tend to like spicy food, so It's hard to find chili's here, I tend to order them on line!

If anyone wants to swap some padons (shop bought) for any other chili let me know, I'm planning to save seeds next year, so with the seeds I have ordered I should be able to offer lots next year!

Great site BTW :)

Not a lot of Canadians like spicy food either. The ones that do are here on THP.
What about tomatoes, what is popular in spain?

Hi Biscombe, and welcome from South Carolina!

What peppers are you planning on growing next season?

Too many to mention Pam!!

The usual tomatoes grown here are called muchamiel (lots of honey) and marglobe, again not really a vast numbers of varieties to choolse from!

Biscombe said:
Too many to mention Pam!!

You big tease!

The usual tomatoes grown here are called muchamiel (lots of honey) and marglobe, again not really a vast numbers of varieties to choolse from!

Tomatoes, especially heirloom varieties have become huge in the US. If there is something specific you're looking for, let me know. I usually grow Brandywine, Tropic, Box Car Willie, Stupice, Amelia, and Mule Team. I am probably going to add Nepal and Uncle Mark Bagby to that list, and I want to try Rose this year.

POTAWIE said:
Pam, aren't Box car willie and Mule team almost the same? Which ones do you prefer?

I've only grown the Mule Team one year; but it looks like the Box Car Willie tomatoes come in a little earlier, and the Mule Team held up better in the extreme heat. Mule Team seems to be, and I emphasis seems because I've only grown them this past year, seems to be a little bit more resistant to the late blight that takes all the tomatoes by September around here.

So, I'm not ready to give up the Box Car Willie tomatoes yet, but the Mule Team is impressive so far.

Biscombe said:
The Spanish don't tend to like spicy food

huh, i wouldn't have guessed that.

welcome to the boards! glad to see our international diversity growing, it's always interesting to converse with people from other countries. :cheers:

Back