• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Just got my self a new BBq

Just went and bought a new BBq. Its a Blue Ember FG50069 has all the stops but at the right price is excellently made has the rotisserie and a cool cast iron smoke box. I'm going to give it the biggest work out over summer so you all going to seeme around the bbq sections a fair bit over the next few weeks;)
heres a link of the unit I was gonna take some pics of my own but ran outof light and drank to much:P http://www.homedepot.ca/webapp/wcs/...l_mode+matchall_0_0_level1_Blue Ember FG50069

Mick

Just fired it up for the first time it works atreat and the giant peice of rump tasted damn fine.
So far I like it alot.
Mick

From tonights dinner.
A nice peice of rump marinated overnight in dark soy, sesame oil and seasoned.
dscn3295-48nhphfbo.jpg

A glarefilled night time pic of my new best friend I call him 'Blue'
dscn3300-f9jrqxy8.jpg

Sizzlin on the grill
dscn3302-48nhphg09.jpg

Just the way I like it medium, medium rare
dscn3306-f9jrqxzi.jpg

Tommorroww we are having people over and I'm going to really give it a run.

Mick

Yep thats the rotisserie rail you can see above the side gas burner in the bad night photo. I love this bbq the grill is one of the best I have ever worked on and I've workedin a lot of char pubs and restuarants I love the plates. easy to cook on easy to clean. Its the best "early" christmas present I can remember.

POTAWIE said:
Looks great. When I think of Australia I always think of shrimp on the bar-b and drool.:P

Spoken like someone who has never been here :P Here we actually call them 'prawns' & the best I've seen were caught fresh off Nth Stradbroke Island and were 7 to the kg (about 3 prawns to the lb)...they were like steaks :drooling:

Except maybe, freshly caught off the trawlers headless green medium king prawns @ 20bucks a kilo, done in freshly picked chopped chilli on the BBQ!

Did I mention I own a seafood cafe/takeaway you poor fish Junkies LOl
...heres "I'm waiting for the man" playing off in the distance.

...what you need I can get it (if you can get to Sandgate that is lol)

Mick

Back