Stuffed Jalapenos ?!? All Right!!!

Ive tried them....filled with mexican cheese, wrap bacon around them and use a tooth pick to keep it in place, cooked on the grill..........Man were they hot....to hot for me....good but over the edge. The shrimp could be interesting. looks good.

Awright folks, I went to the shop and made myself a chili grill last summer. What I thought would be cool turned out to be a pain. It is no small task coreing those peppers out. Then stuffing them sucked too.

New method - filet the jalp. Remove the seeds and membrane. Stuff with junk & shredded cheese. Wrap with half slice bacon. Stack a bunch on a nice flat skewer. Grill til bacon is done. Enjoy.

Hank said:
Awright folks, I went to the shop and made myself a chili grill last summer. What I thought would be cool turned out to be a pain. It is no small task coreing those peppers out. Then stuffing them sucked too.

New method - filet the jalp. Remove the seeds and membrane. Stuff with junk & shredded cheese. Wrap with half slice bacon. Stack a bunch on a nice flat skewer. Grill til bacon is done. Enjoy.

That's where the jalapeno corer comes in, takes 2 seconds to core the jap and you never have to touch the hot stuff.:clap:
Your filling don't run out, the bacon gets cooked evenly, and you don't burn one side. Doh!

Wecome neighbor dave we bought one of your grills the one that looks like a big chile along with the coreer and love it. Our favorite is to take a jalapeno add cream cheese a nice shrimp inside cover with a half slice bacon.

Mick
Kato's

imaguitargod said:
I'm still tempted to buy this.

You know, because i've got a fab shop, at first i was gonna just make one out of some stainless i have lying around, but then i figured i'd give him the business instead(seemed the right thing to do). So, i'll be purchasing one soon.

Sickmont said:
You know, because i've got a fab shop, at first i was gonna just make one out of some stainless i have lying around, but then i figured i'd give him the business instead(seemed the right thing to do). So, i'll be purchasing one soon.
: stands up and applauds :
Lets hear it for supporting small businesses!

Have a large one shaped as a chile. They are super. We stuff ours with cream cheese shrimp and wrap in bacon awesome!

Mick
Kato's

I just saw someone using one on the Food Network last night --- That Diners and Dives show -- I dont rememeber if it was a pepper or pig shaped

I saw one on "Ham on the Street". It was shaped like a pepper and he stuffed it with some questionable stuff (ie. PB & J BLECH!)
It looked vrey useful, I just worried that the tips would burn before the bacon even got going.

Neighbor Dave do you post your grills to u.k?
by the way fantastic way for making breakfast bacon/sausage and chilli erm the =hot english as we say in the u.k :lol:

Neighbor Dave said:
That's where the jalapeno corer comes in, takes 2 seconds to core the jap and you never have to touch the hot stuff.;)
Your filling don't run out, the bacon gets cooked evenly, and you don't burn one side. Doh!

Well, the grill is a nice idea. I probably wouldn't spent $30 + S/H on one since I live in an Apt., but it's a pretty neat idea. :)

The corer though, its just like a regular Ekco peeler/corer.

Here's mine:

peeler1.JPG

Me, I guess I'm just used to using a paring knife the 'ol fashioned way.
Especially since I like to save the seeds and the corer tends to rip 'em up. :D

~Q

Back