• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest June - Burger Royale

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Instead of a Battle Royale this year, we are doing Burger Royale.

In June thehotpepper.com turns 8 :eek:

So in June I will always try to do something big with the TDs. Last year we did Battle Royale (coincidentally it was in June but it seems like a cool anniversary trend).

Burger Royale

June

Weekend 1: Beef Burgers

Weekend 2: Veggie Burgers

Weekend 3: No Beef or Veg Burgers (other meat, fish, poultry, etc.)

Weekend 4: No cooking, a poll to see who has the best burger of the winners.

Yes, every week has a crown.

The Sum, You're Screwed idea is still in effect :lol:. Now you can screw him 3 times. BUT you can cook these however you want!

(A burger is a patty of ground meat or veg between two pieces of bread usually a bun but alternatives welcome as long as it is on both sides.)

:?:

Oh wait do you mean are you required to enter all 3? Nope.

PS. I apologize if anyone prepped for non-beef this weekend, but this idea was too good to pass up. I made beef week 1 figuring if you prepped already it's probably beef.

Yes we figured you needed some help :lol:

Sum is Screwed already. That manatee he killed last night for this weeks entry is now no longer allowed. Frozen manatee patties for week 3 = fail.

I think you're still screwed:

Past Votes:
Burger - 1
Beefless Burger (any meat, fish, veg) - 0

Yes we figured you needed some help :lol:

haha. I don't know if it was help I needed, but you have taken the pressure off of me to fix my grill. Don't get me wrong now, the plan is to still fix it and grill, but now I know if I can't fix it in time I'm not out of the game. Sweet.

The veggie burger week sounds cool. Do we have to stay vegan? (And anyone who cooks up a portabella mushroom full of shtuff and puts it between two pieces of bread did NOT make a burger... they made a mushroom sandwich.)

Game on.

Vegan, no, vegetarian, yes. No bacon on a veggie burger either lol.

And yes, even the veggie burger must be a ground patty, no whole shrooms. Research your binders!

Good move on this TD. Using any method also negates the weather problem. It's crazy raining right now at my place. I'd go hardcore and grill in the rain if I had to, but the end product wouldn't be the same.

I vote for Grill mandatory on week 1 since I think that's what many/most of us were under the impression of for the last few weeks of trash talk/discussion.

Other weeks, knock yourselves out.

:woohoo:

Good move on this TD. Using any method also negates the weather problem. It's crazy raining right now at my place. I'd go hardcore and grill in the rain if I had to, but the end product wouldn't be the same.

That's not "hardcore", it is "grilling". Grilling knows no weather. Grilling itself is hardcore - it is the metal style of cooking. Stovetop & oven being the Polka and Country-Western styles of cooking respectively. Wah wah wah I'd have to BBQ in the rain? The end product wouldn't be the same? I fart in your general direction.

Real men throw down with the grill.

LD, the focus is on the burger not the method, if you think grilling is the only way then you should have no problem winning if the others use the CI.

Now the pressure is on. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back