• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

How long will it take to get pods on my habenero plant?

Hi. I just got a habenero plant that is about 5 inches tall. I was just wondering how long it will take to get pods on the plant.

I think it depends on how warm you keep it... It's a jungle chile for sure. I live in zone 5, and I started my first ever Orange Habs from seed about the middle of February. After putting them into a heated grow tent for six weeks they were about three inches tall. I couldn't afford the electric heat any more, so they went under a shop light in the basement at about fifty degrees until I planted them outside under a hoophouse in early April. They grew VERY slowly until about a week ago, when we started getting overnight temperatures in the upper sixties and a good shot of rain. After a little over a hundred days they're about six or eight inches tall, and really bushy. They've started putting out buds but no telling exactly when they'll flower or how long it'll take the pods to fully ripen. If I get ripe pods by the end of July or early August I'll be happy. Cheers

Hey. I live in Arizona. In the summer, it gets up to 120! Right now, though, it's around 105. So I think they might grow a bit faster lol.

*chuckle* Jungle chili haha

How about Tropical ;) we who live down here in the tropics don't have much jungle lol.

They like full sun, and I don't think in a jungle you'd get that.

Either way, it all depends on your plant, I've had some that were especially vigorous, and I've had some that, well, lets just say they ride the short bus to school. I have a yellow cardi scorp that I've had for 3 weeks, and it has shown NO visible signs of growing what so ever. two sets of true leaves, and its stuck.

It might pull out of it, or it might get pulled out and composted... we shall see.

either way, it all just depends. I think they like the humidity some what as well, the chinenses I've seen on peoples glogs here in Fl look to be growing pretty well better than the rest of them. Of course, they might just be older.

heh, not my genre of movie ;)

I would rather rub my face and body with the placenta of a superhot, than watch a movie starring him... Stiller isn't my favorite either, but I dislike him moderately less.... Owen Wilson is another one I dislike. Stupidity isn't funny to me =P, and thats the only currency these three seem to have.

PLUS Stiller and Wilson always pick the same charector type: Well meaning but misguided guy goes through an experience that leads him to be better adjusted.

Black ruined King Kong for me =(

Back