• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Young seedlings with only one leaf, are they going to die? :(

I have a few seedlings that when the leafs came out of the shell, one was removed. :(
Maybe it means something is wrong with them, but if it doesn't, can they survive with only one leaf? :(
Out of five, only one is intact. :(
I don't have any more seeds, and I'd have to wait until that one seedling grow and give me peppers to get more. :(

Still green, and I'm not giving up. :D
I had another seedling only "injured", and for a while it was yellowish, but now it's all green. :)

Were you trying to pick the husk off the seedlings? It's usually best to let the seedlings shake that off and only try it yourself after several days.

And I agree with Potawie, if it's green there's plenty of hope.

Pam said:
Were you trying to pick the husk off the seedlings? It's usually best to let the seedlings shake that off and only try it yourself after several days.

And I agree with Potawie, if it's green there's plenty of hope.
Actually I wasn't, I just found the little leafs on the ground. :(
It didn't look like a leaf that fell off, they were cut in half.

Yeah, i have some seedlings growing atm... I burnt off one leaf on one of the seedlings due to too much sun, but its stil fighting fit, and now has 3 leaves!!

Treat it good, and she'll be apples!

chilliman64 said:
maybe the second leaf hasn't unfolded yet. sometimes they are tightly rolled so one develops quicker than the other.
I actually saw half a leaf on the ground, I'm not assuming anything.
Because they're so young, they seem to start healing (YAY!).

Omri said:
Actually I wasn't, I just found the little leafs on the ground. :(
It didn't look like a leaf that fell off, they were cut in half.

That's pretty weird, but seeing as how these are Bent's seeds, I guess they're a little bent, too.

Pam said:
That's pretty weird, but seeing as how these are Bent's seeds, I guess they're a little bent, too.
Pretty weird? more like Area-51/Roswell/Kennedy assassination kinda weird.
Maybe if only one of them, but four out of five?!
But you know what? as long as I get my peppers, I don't really care. :lol:

One is "alive" but still looks too small, and the other three are still growing (even though one of them was also injured on its other leaf).
To sum it all up:
halfleafkz5.jpg

That little piece of leaf left, grew to a whole new leaf.
A weird looking one, but still a leaf!
BTW, see that little green dot at the bottom of the plant? that's the leaf that originally fell off. I didn't want to move it, it's pretty. :lol:

Back