Greetings from Sarasota, FL

Greetings from Sarasota. I'm growing some hot peppers I ordered from Hirt's (half of which are 'true') in Topsy Tomato Tree Planters http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B000PX8VL2 that turned out to be the quickest/cheapest way to grow some pods off the ground (we have moles, armadillo, squirrels, oppossums, and coons). I'm going to post a Hirt's review in a moment, but I'm looking forward to a pair of shipments from CCN and a SFRB from Baker's Peppers - so I think the next 8 planters will be a little more solid than the first 4.

Cheers.

PS - I am having some good luck w/ the Mustard Habanero from Hirt's:

591478999.jpg

:welcome: Greetings from North Carolina !
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] “The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]" [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] :onfire:[/background]

:welcome: from the Pacific NorthWest!

:welcome: great idea with the planters.

There's a good chance that vendor is losing money on those planters, or bought them from a bankruptcy auction or something. I have a Prime account, so the shipping is free, and at $18 it's hard to beat for getting 6 grow locations well off the ground w/ plenty of soil (they hold a single big bag - 5 lbs, I think). In truth, I'm buying them for the stands because I'm sure the bag will heat and rip in the Florida sun. The stands are solid and well made, and I've already started working out how I'll switch to using paint buckets for future rounds. I'd really like to use that zany, off-the-grid guy's rain gutter system, but my lawn gets ravaged by armadillo and coons on the nightly, so it's kind of a no-op.

Hey howdy from just a bit north of ya!! :welcome:

Greetings and nice grow list! Seems there's a lot of folks into hot peppers in the greater Tampa area ...

Back