• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Significant other

So do your partners share your scoville desires or is it a guilty pleasure?
Do you have Nagas stashed in hidey-holes around the house & Blairs in your cars glove compartment?
Do your family & friends understand?

the beautiful chilliwoman is not a fan of overly hot food - she thinks I'm crazy. I do have a (secret) stash of hot sauces in the garage...

I'm all alone - but I like it that way because I don't have to share! :)

No one I know (personally, as in, not you guys :P) really understands my addiction. My SO doesn't mind a little bit of heat, but nothing like what goes on around here :hell:

edit: On the other end of the scale, I know plenty of people who have absolutely zero tolerance for heat, which is annoying when you go out for food. Someone might start coughing and sniffing saying how hot something is, so I'll race to try it, only to find it disappointingly mild :(

My wife will eat hot and is a champ about it but I have gone way above what most would consider hot. My son is an up and coming chili head which delights me to no end he really blossomed this past summer by taking an interest in Piquins and Siams and eating them along with me. Now he is into my bottle of 10 from CaJohns the best part is that he is 12! Everyone that knows me knows that my tolerance for mild is totally gone so even when I say its mild they proceed with caution. Wont they be sorry next year when I have Bhuts,Nagas,Fatellis,Datils,Piquin and Hab stuffed Siams at next years pig roast

i don't have a significant other yet, but of my family..my little brother has taken a liking to hot food. don't think he is to the point of using extract sauces on his own though...yet! :hell:

Ok, I'm going to be out in the Lounge having a beer. Why don't you guys join me when you get over all this male bonding stuff.

SWMBO likes spicy sometimes, my older daughter can't take any heat (5 yrs old) but my younger daughter (3) eats salsa with a spoon. When we go to a mexican restaraunt she uses one chip over and over until it is sogged. She throws it away and gets another lol.

We got some spicy clam linguini one time and both my daughters were crying, shoveling it in their mouths because it was so good, but crying because it was so spicy! It was hilarious.

I have been growing chiles for a long time and, initially, any chile I used was "too picante".

After much family travel in Mexico (I am as Yankee as they get) and eating in good restaurants where the food almost always comes with some picante, both wife and daughter are fine with some picante as long as it doesn't make that nasty, coughing, tearing rush.

I have also learned to use less picante chiles for family cooking: chilaca, poblano and etc. I still use dried tepin on my food and now have to supply my daughter because she has become a minor chile head.

I made a ceviche camaron for Thanksgiving using yellow birds that was well received mostly because I have learned how to tone it down.

Well, my wife likes a good salsa, but nothing too hot. When Marco sent me some of his Red Savina salsa, she gave it a shot, but it was way too hot for her... which was fine with me. I got to eat the rest of it all by myself.

Myself...? Well, I like it hot, but I draw the line at extract sauces (DEFCON not included).

My SO is starting to get in to it... you can see her get a cheeky smile on her face when she gets a mouthful of something hot, and feels the burn!

We have been eating spicy foods all week... well i think all fortnight, including the candied habs that i posted about earlier. She has a go at the habs, but they are still a bit hot for her... for now

The poor wife is always asked totaste the new sauces and see what she thinks, goes like this....

She:"is it hot?"
me: "nah"
She:"I hate you"

She will eat hot but keeps me in check.
lol

Sounds familiar Stillmanz -- 'cept it goes like

She:"is it hot?"
me: "nah"
She:"I hate you"
She: "Your an asshole"

Back