• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

WHAAAAAAAAA???

I grow red thai chiles and I have one every now and again and it barely phases me. This is when they're red hot. I am eating a jalapeno and right now, it is actually hotter than a thai chile. So all I have to say is, whaaaaaa???

I've read posts that say chiles from the same plant can very in heat.

I have read that to much N can lower the heat. Not sure if that would effect all peppers on the plant or a few.

Where did the Jalapeno come from? There are many different varieties...I've eatin' some scorching Jalapenos....although that was back in the day before I started consuming habaneros and super hots....but still, I remember some that would just light me up, while others fell short. I'm sure a Jap can build up quite a bit more than 8000 scoville. It's just an average. Just like the Mouruga blend. It's mean heat was 1,400,000 something scoville....it's highest was over 2,000,000. So I'm sure that you can get a Jalapeno that hits the 50,000 shu level.

I have been told that pepper plants that have been heat and water stressed can produce hotter pods on low hanging branches. That would seem to be true because last year my bhuts were heat and water stressed and some pods seemed hotter than others.

Ghosty...

hmm.. that can't be right

either your tiny thais are some mild home depot ornamental variant or those jalapeños are superstars
are they Gurney's Primo Jalapeño Hybrid Hot pepper or Jalapeno Goliath Hybrid Pepper maybe?

I have not had one yet that was even came close to being hotter then my baby bush Medusa..

what's your heat tolerance right now? Have you been eating hots lately or not so much?

If you haven't been eating hot stuff lately, something milder will taste hotter.

Back