• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

what to do with new mex twilight pods

If you want to use them, I'd dry them and grind them into powder. They don't have very good flavor, but do have some heat. I usually just throw mine on the compost pile after harvesting the seeds.

I ate one they don't taste good at all they do have a little heat though. Good thing its a pretty plant other than that worthless I guess.

Nothing????
I grow hundreds of ornametal chiles each year which I never eat, but they look great and I much prefer them over most standard flowers.

agree with the ristra idea...any pepper doesn't taste good to me but makes a pretty plant I call an ornamental...right, wrong or indifferent that's what I think...

You can also use them for bug/pest sprays. I'm planning on fermenting a pile of ripe ornamentals to see if its possible to improve the flavor

You can also use them for bug/pest sprays. I'm planning on fermenting a pile of ripe ornamentals to see if its possible to improve the flavor
There is hardly any heat to them. They are still good for bug spray? Though you would need one with some real kick for that.

The ones I grew had fair heat but I'm basically talking ornamentals in general. You'd need to use more chiles when they are milder but you also likely don't want to be spraying super-hot sprays without a respirator and enclosed safety glasses

Back