• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Holy Moruga

Haha ghost peppers for sure! It was actually chocolate icecream. Did not help at all. It was unreal. Nothing can prepare you for it

Thanks! I am growing my first ghost pepper this year and I was planning on downing one, so I just wanted some pointers

Eat a sandwich and take a shot of pepto about 20 minutes prior to help with the gut pain. I still had to throw up. This one was ruthless and my throat has never burned so badly. It makes me wonder where on the scale that particular pepper was at. This one made me question wanting to eat another in the future haha

I question my own sanity for wanting to try it, but I wanted to eat a ghost pepper ever since I heard of them for the first time. The pepper you ate in this video is probably twice as hot as anything I'll try, but I know that is way beyond my limits. Good on you for doing it.

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely eat and prep myself for it first.

AHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love it!

The look on your face as you're chewing it! It looks like you were fully anticipating all the ensuing evil and you were not looking forward to it.

Thanks for taking one for the team and remember, everything else is a cake walk compared to that.

The look on your face as you're chewing it! It looks like you were fully anticipating all the ensuing evil and you were not looking forward to it.

I know that feeling well. This is what made watching Steve Smallwood aka "The Machine" eating 9 Scorpions in a minute at Peppers at the Beach the most mind-blowing stunt I have ever seen.

Yes i watched Steve Smallwood on youtube! i was very happy to find that video as he is truly a machine. It makes me wonder if he is one of those folks who doesnt feel capsaisin burn.

I was definitely not looking forward to it, more like looking forward for it to be over! Watching the video is crazy, i cannot believe my face turned that red! There is no comparison to any sauce or spicy wings that i have eaten, its just in a category by itself! Now the only thing hotter is extract and i am not at all interested in that stuff haha. 4 million? no thanks! I figure if i keep it natural i probably wont ever have to go to the hospital. probably....

I figure if i keep it natural i probably wont ever have to go to the hospital. probably....

Probably is right. I've been hearing new stories about new world record holders, theres one I cant remember and another one that is a black Douglah thats subposed to be hotter. Idk we shall see.
Black douglah sounds devilish. And i'm afraid of the normal douglah o.o

Records are made to be broken. I bought seeds for ghost peppers thinking that they were the hottest in the world, but by the time the order was in the trinidads smashed the record, and now the morugas are kicking ass. Maybe the black douglah is hotter, but even if it isnt something else will come along that is. I decided to stop at ghost pepper because I know I wont be able to eat anything hotter, and if I can't eat it I refuse to grow it.

Well I ate the moruga, it was actually pleasant but the stomach pain was terrible. Made me scurd to try the douglah because I heard it was even worse stomach pain.

Yea the stomach pain is the one thing that i hate as well. I can take the mouth and throat burn but its the hours after that it hurts gut which suck. After it is over it is fun to load the next meal with lots more spicy sauce or powder than normal as the capsaisin receptors are like toasted for a week after doing these things. I even took a spoonful of CaJohns Trinidad Scorpion sauce without shedding a tear as a sideshow trick to my friends. It was this morning when i was the most sorry about all the fun i had yesterday ugh.

I am sure something will come along and beat out the Moruga, when it does i will just have to try that one too! until then i am going to stick to testing myself with less painful peppers. Hopefully in the next month i will have some 7 Pot Jonahs or Bhut Jolokias to test with. I am sure by then that the Marlins will need a little pepper voodoo magic haha. I dont know if i could handle another pepper during this heat series. I am making some Jalapeno/Butch T bloody Mary Vodka though and maybe a tribute liquor shot will be in order!

ButchTJalapenoVodka.jpg

Back