• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Would you guys be interested in a guide on worm bins?

So Im 3-4 weeks in to my worm bin and I have about 3-4LBS of worm castings ready to harvest.
It is very a successful system so far. I made my own with just some stuff I had around the house except the worms.

Would you guys be interested in a guide on worm bins?

These guys eat there weight in compost every day! It blows my mind how fast this is going. If you guys want I can make a little guide, give some tips, and show what I am doing.

Looking for my camera charger now!

EDIT: Found it!
I am starting some water in a bucket now so it will be ready for later. Ill make a Worm Tea! I wont be posting in this thread any more, as I'm going to make a new one.

It typically takes 3-4 months before a worm bin is even mature enough to harvest castings and some suggest even longer. You'll know when the castings are ready as they will turn very dark and have a texture similar to fine soil. The darker the casting the more nutrients they will have. I've had a 7 tier worm bin up for 3 years now and have posted quit a bit on how to maintain them and how to make worm tea, but never got around to making a guide or log so I would say go for it. Just make sure you passing on valid useful information.

I was shocked to see quit a few websites walk you through draining the leachate from the bin and telling you it was worm tea and it should be placed on your plants when in fact it's toxic and can harm your plants. A few guys here where even thought it was tea and clearly never bothered doing any reading or research on the topic.

Back