• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Christmas came early

I got a package from my naga man Billyboy
dscn3322-48shktfut.jpg

This will be my first fresh fully ripe pod. To be perfectly honestI'm alittle nervious. I have no intention of munching this thing up whole but I will eat a few strips.
The thing that catches my attention first about this pod is its heavy and almost woodish ie very firm and strangely dry.
I'm gonna have a few beers have a little think about it a bit more and then return with my findings.... lol

update:Just got impatient and cut podin half tocheck out placetal volume seed count etc I noticed some juice on the blade.... had a small taste... INITIAL REACTION: They have great heat. Not as in your face as fome habanero types but even from that tiny few drops you could feel a build up of serious proportion. The burn reminds me of fatalii (minus the citrus tangyness) in that first you get a "I just licked a battery type zing" and then you feel your tongue throat and belly warming up.
I will eat a slice later to gauge real heat but one thing for sure they are definately in the super hot class for a reason. Creeping death lol

dscn3326-48shvd2i3.jpg

Oh yeah I'll be fine he says lol.
Just had a slice and yes they are extremely hot hotter than anything I have ever grown or tasted the burn creeps to a very serious heat and holds you there. Its been a few minutes now and I would have tosay it seems to still be getting hotter. It feelslike my teeth are on fire and wouldn'tyouknow it some howI gotsome juice on my forehead so now its on fire too lol you gotta laugh.
This is a very cool chilli I had a good look at the inside of the pod theres a lot of placentaltissue and bugger all seeds.Any way I'll have another crack at the naga later and write a bitmore then.... right now I'm gonna get a beer and go pour some milk on my forehead.

Thanks Billyboy they are the best nagas in OZ and you are the man.

I'llbe back.......
Mick

dscn3331-48sm7xlqv.jpg

and another one lol.
Man I hat goesoff tobilly boy and his nija hydro pods they messed me up

"when absolutely positively have to kill ever muthaf**ker in the room" with a chilli he is my go to man.

Also as a foot note if you have kids Honestly be careful with these bad boys I will now only now grow nagas in the front yard were my children don'tplay

:) Theres something about them Nagas that just keep you going back for another bite:mouthonfire:! Glad you enjoyed it stillmanz

Yeh they are a very special . I am still blown away by the power of it. The pod seemed to have a fine membrain of placental tissueove the whole inner walls I cut it open and the strong oder I am realworried bt accidental transference burn I got myself a couple times around the head and stomach and I washed my hands thouroughly, I advice gloving up with these guys.

:( i wanna try a naga
I have a bhut jalokia growing atm, but i dont think it likes me! all my other chilies are flourishing, but the bhut is sadly not growing much at all. I think i may get 1 or 2 pods off it at the end of the season :(

fisting_mayfield said:
i want what he's having!

I did have what he had! you can read about it in my blog here on THP (Oct-Dec 2007).

the short version: I cut the naga in half and had it with two small pieces of steak similar in size to the chile halves. I got through the first half, but only just. I was on fire! then bravely/foolishly I attempted the second half only to meet a firey demise.

billyboy - thankyou for the pods! they are awesome and they burned the crap outta me, thankfully I've still got plenty of crap left...

I can see a marketing opportunity here - tshirts which say "I ate a Naga and survived" - I think I'm gonna get one made up! (idea copyrighted ;))

Back