• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sevin

I found some squash bug eggs on my squash plant yesterday, which is in close proximity to some of my pepper plants. My parents recommended using some Sevin spray. It was pretty hard to get the squash without getting some on my peppers. I don't have the actual bottle to look at the label, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long I should wait before trying to harvest the peppers. It seems like I remember reading somewhere between 3 days and a week. I hate using that stuff, but I figured it was better than losing plants.

Was it the dust or solution? If it was the solution just make sure you aren't spraying during the heat of the day. It should be fine just don't douse them.

Was it the dust or solution? If it was the solution just make sure you aren't spraying during the heat of the day. It should be fine just don't douse them.

It was the solution. I sprayed it around 8pm or so, so it was pretty late in the evening. I got the squash plant pretty well, but most of the stuff that hit the peppers was mist that was being blown onto them. I have read several other forums in the past hour or so with less toxic methods of insect control, so I might give those a shot in the future.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Back