• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Donair and Sweet Sauce! An east coast (Canada) specialty

Now I have been eating donair for many years now and never thought it was possible to almost replicate what you can get in restaurants and shops all over the eastern coast of Canada. Well, I was wrong. Allrecipes had this as their feature yesterday and I made it today. It is so close to what you buy it is unreal. I did a few things different including putting a little more cayenne, though I'm going to try it with hotter powders in future recipes, and I eased off on the vinegar for the sweet sauce. The sauce isn't really sweet though it has a ton of sugar in it... the vinegar levels it out and works wonderfully well with the meat. Put a little garlic powder in it and you are good to go.

Try it people, it is cheap and easy to make!

http://allrecipes.co...=1&e7=Home Page

Photo from a website, will post mine later.

DonairSpot004.jpg

You guys spell döner weird!

It is not I sir, it is those bloody Maritimers. :rofl:

They spell as well as Father Jack. For those of you who read this and don't get the reference, it is The Hot Pepper's avatar at the moment. From an Irish comedy called "Father Ted".

Well feck! Post your pic so we can see yours!

Isn't a Donair a rodent bigger than a nutria, with teeth twice as yellow? Didn't know it was edible.

Joking. Have something similar with hummus and a wonderful avocado salad. Wish I had it more often! You made this version at home?

Back