vendor Piedmont Farm and Garden - Great Job

I grew some Bhuts from seed that turned out to be Medusas. It's late in the game this year and I really wanted to try growing super hots this year. (I have 30 or so other peppers from Bell to Habbys).
So, I ordered 6 plants from these guys.

They came packed so well and so quick I really wanted to give them some credit.
All the plants were healthy and way bigger than I expected.
About 12 - 18" and just starting to get root bound in a 4" pot but not quite.
I ordered Bhut Jolokia, 7 Pot Douglah, Jonah, and Barrakpore.
All have flowers all over and the Bhuts both have 3 and 4 pods on them.
I know, would be bigger if they trimmed the flowers but I'm just saying they are extremely healthy.

They only ship on Monday and Tuesday so the plants don't get stuck over the weekend.
Give them a try for seeds, plants, all different kinds of vegetables etc...
http://www.piedmontfarmandgarden.com/category-s/307.htm

I placed an order this morning for some TS Debbie replacement plants: 7 Pot Barrackapore, Ecuadorian Devil's Breath, Goronong, Orange TS, Cheyenne Orange Chili Patio, Orange Thai, and Red Rocoto ...

And, cause I lost some mater plants, I ordered 1 ea of: Black Cherry, Sugary, and Yellow Pear ...

I set my order to ship next week w/o considering the date, and a nice gentleman called and informed me packages sit in transport on the 4th, and offered to get it out today ...

I'm a happy boy.

I'll add some unboxing pics late this week, but it's great to have a year round source for seedlings!

$6 for a plant is a good deal for some of the rare/super hot types considering what I have paid for 10 seeds that turned out to be duds. I think i may place an order thanks for the tip!

I received my plants today and it's disappointing - pics in a little while, or tomorrow - not going to ruin the after-beach calm I've created getting into it.

Critters, flies, damage, and likely some (more) BLS, I think ...

I can't say I'm inclined to introduce these to my space as is ...

IMG_2607.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

IMG_2611.jpg

IMG_2612.jpg

IMG_2613.jpg

IMG_2614.jpg

IMG_2615.jpg

IMG_2618.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

Oh man wow. sorry to see that. Hopefully a little soapy water or neem will clean them up.
Mine didn't have any problems.
I would definitely be calling them right away !

There is no excuse for a grower having such contaminated 'crap' in their inventory.
I would certainly isolate all of their plants and package materials well away from
my garden or garden gear! IMHO a blazing fire is the best 'cure' for those plants.
Not only have they scammed you on the product, they have put your seasons grow at risk!
Their use of 'Piedmont' in their name is an insult to us living here in the Piedmont.
Best of luck with your grow.

They replied with an apology and indicated that they would fully refund the order and I replied that I would feel better being refunded the cost of the plants only, allowing them to retain the cost of shipping ...

Got plants from Hirt's that came the healthiest, but grew out to be totally different peppers ... cayenne for butch t's, bell's as fatalli, and c. annuum squash types as scotch bonnet, and in my order of yellow bhut jolokia i got both yellow and orange/red ...

Got plants from CCN that had critters, too ...

Got plants from Piedmont that had critters and disease ...

Everyone offers refunds, but I'm looking for a higher price seller who doesn't miss the mark ...

Piedmont Farms sent a check for a full refund despite my asking them to at least retain the shipping.

Now I have some plants in rehab that I feel guilty about not paying anything for, but at least I can update the thread and mention that they have been totally classy about handling the situation.

I'm setting a notification in my calendar app to check in a month to see what's for sale, so I can make another purchase.

Well, I feel bad that they messed you up so bad but my review was based on my plants and they were fine and actually quite healthy. I guess they are really hit and miss. Could also be that I got mine before that 2 weeks of rain in the southeast.
Not sure, anyway..

Here is the pic link (I tried setting up the inline but I give up):

http://www.flickr.co...N02/7505999086/

Hirt's has a reputation for shipping wrong plants, when you're that large you need much better supervision than they have. Shipping plants that are diseased, have insects on them, not true to variety, or generally not in good condition is illegal. That's controlled by the state department of agriculture, and should be reported to them. Licensing and inspection is required by all states BEFORE you start shipping plants. It's a really simple procedure in most states and is for both buyer and seller's benefit.

Many of us on the Forum sell seeds and plants but don't advertise (too busy with local sales), but one seed seller that has never disappointed me is PepperLover, yes there are many other but she gets most of my seed business.

Curt Tollison
Windsong

Hirt's has a reputation for shipping wrong plants, when you're that large you need much better supervision than they have. Shipping plants that are diseased, have insects on them, not true to variety, or generally not in good condition is illegal. That's controlled by the state department of agriculture, and should be reported to them. Licensing and inspection is required by all states BEFORE you start shipping plants. It's a really simple procedure in most states and is for both buyer and seller's benefit.

Many of us on the Forum sell seeds and plants but don't advertise (too busy with local sales), but one seed seller that has never disappointed me is PepperLover, yes there are many other but she gets most of my seed business.

Curt Tollison
Windsong

Too bad she sends back passwords in plaintext, though ... that's quite unfortunate!

I resisted sending my response email to http://plaintextoffenders.com/ because I did have a good experience w/ my order ... I'll mention it to her at some point, though ...

Anyways, it was unfortunate that my plants came w/ problems, but each vendor selling live plants is having trouble w/ the climate (CCN was, too) ... I can't be upset about a company that sends back a check for a full refund w/ a personalized letter, and whom would not accept my offer to at least subtract the shipping from my order since I would end up w/ the majority of the plants after rehab) ... I'll just post it. I'm not unhappy w/ Piedmont, or CCN for that matter, but I'm still moving to starting w/ seed and would also like to find the people from around here who quietly sell seedlings etc etc ...

Piedmont.jpg

but I'm still moving to starting w/ seed and would also like to find the people from around here who quietly sell seedlings etc etc ...

I think this is wise. Every year I start with seed and plant more than I need just in case, and I end up selling off extras to cover all of my seed costs. Even if you don't manage to put together a setup for growing from seed, I'm sure you can find someone in your area who is selling off extras for a very reasonable price.

Just got my Scorpion plant from Piedmont....how does it look to you guys? I called about shipping and what not, the guy I talked to was really friendly and gave me the tracking info. I ordered it Monday night, Shipped Tuesday morning, got here this morning. I will definately buy from Piedmont again!

PgGVS.jpg

i'm fortunate enough to live only about an hour from them. I called to inquire about some plants and was informed that they were not shipping any more this year. They went to see if they had what i wanted and called back shortly. The next morning i drove down to pick up. they had cleaned the leaves everything was fine. They were so friendly and nice. I intend to make them my 1 stop next year due to their professionalism and their variety.

Reviving this thread.

Wow.  I bought a bunch of plants this year from a few different vendors and I am amazed and blown away by the quality of plants received from Piedmont Farm and Gardens.  These are not little plugs.  They are large plants in 3.5" pots!  Plants are on average $6 a pop.  Check out the shipping materials:

ZCIL82T.jpg

That is a huge thick box.

I ordered 8 plants.  I wish I ordered 9 because that would have filled up the shipping box completely.  Here is a pic:

3WA0glY.jpg

Lookin' fine....

I will certainly order from these folks in the future.

Back