• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Dog Attacked my Serrano plant.

So I had to do an emergency transplant into a container from the garden. It is wilting very badly now. What if anything can I do to help it thrive again?

So I had to do an emergency transplant into a container from the garden. It is wilting very badly now. What if anything can I do to help it thrive again?

Put the dog down... your plant wants a sense of closure. ;)

I agree with others, less sun, more water, and top the plant so the damaged roots are enough to sustain what you leave on the plant. If it didn't have any support, it may help to stake it or cage it so wind doesn't move the stem around as much.

Worm Tea + Plants + basset hound = trouble lol
I cant keep my dog out of my plants. Also I used Popsicle sticks as ID tags... I find them on my living room floor chewed to bits.

As soon as some good pods grow out, i will make a nice little solution to spray on my ID tags and such so he gets a nice little surprise when he takes one.

Thanks guys. I did give extra water and less sun and all is well. BTW Mezo, it was a Great Pyrenees and he did not feel threaten he is just a big clumsy idiot. He got himself hung up on a fire poker somehow before...

Back