Hello from south Mississippi! :)

Hello, I'm Sayward from Gulfport MS. I am not too good at computers so bear with me. lol... I have a large garden with a few greenhouses, chickens and rabbits... grow a large variety of peppers, they are my favorite thing to grow. Have mostly hot, some super hots, and a few sweet ones as well.

I really enjoy seeing everybody's pepper plants and what they are growing, and am especially interested in growers who over winter their peppers or have a warm enough climate they don't need one. Gulfport is sub-tropical.... this past winter was so mild we didn't use any additional heat and everything was fine. The year or two before that, one of the coldest. (I was able to overwinter a 'Black Pearl' in a crazy makeshift cold frame thing with no additional heat - got down to 19 degrees...) So I'm always experimenting. :dance:

I'm interested in trading, I will have to put up a list of what all I have.... I will be up front about MY homegrown peppers: they may be crossed. I know the feeling of thinking you're growing one thing and it turns out to be something totally different.(My 'peter' peppers aren't so petery. lol..) Sometimes, though, it's not a bad thing at all, and you can end up with something better than the original. Either way it's still a pepper and I'm ok with that. So in my list I will put 'store', 'trade' (I got these in a trade so don't really know the specifics on this either), and 'hg' home grown'.

I am growing some super :hot: :flamethrower: peppers this year for the first time. They have yet to flower so I may try some isolation techniques. I have a couple of greenhouses and plan to set up at least one more 'something'- maybe not a full fledged greenhouse, but SOMETHING before winter to overwinter my plants. So later this season if all goes well and it wouldn't burden the mother plant I may take a few cuttings.

I love to share and am willing to share what I have. I have other things besides peppers but this is my main focus.

I am an artist and a cartoonist as well.

I have no idea how to change my avatar or upload photos on here..I know, what a putz, right? lol... :crazy: I seem to know how to use these little smiley things pretty well. lol

Hope this introduction wasn't too boring. lol... I look forward to 'meeting' you :)

:welcome:[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]to THP - g[/background][background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]reetings from Metrolina in North Carolina! [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] …..“The taste is followed by a vicious hot spicy bite……" [/background] :flamethrower:[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] [/background] :onfire:

Hola from Funkytown Fort Worth!

Gulf Port? Reminds me that I need to go visit the hunting lease in Sandhill more often!!!!
How's the Cut'n going around your parts?

Back