Hello from Alaska

Greetings from the Frozen Northland.
I'm new to growing peppers but hoping if I plant them in pots, I will be able to move them inside when necessary early and late in the season.

Looking forward to this project and want to grow Serrano peppers for sure (since I love them the best) ever since I went to Mexico fishing and was introduced to "Civichi" and was taught how to make it.

Also would like to try growing some of the "HOT" ones, like Red Savana and possibly some type of Haberno.

I'm sure I will have lots of questions and I'm looking forward to this springs pepper project.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this forum. Maybe I can turn the heat up a little here in the land of ice and snow.

Butch :onfire:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Man, isn't this just about the coolest, er . . . "Hottest" site around!

I have already overloaded my memory banks with info on growing peppers and haven't even scratched the surface yet! Looks like I will have lots of good reading to help pass the time during the long cold winters here in Alaska. . . Butch

AKButch said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Man, isn't this just about the coolest, er . . . "Hottest" site around!

I have already overloaded my memory banks with info on growing peppers and haven't even scratched the surface yet! Looks like I will have lots of good reading to help pass the time during the long cold winters here in Alaska. . . Butch

Grow some peppers indoors this winter Butch

AlabamaJack said:
Grow some peppers indoors this winter Butch

Good idea AJ. I never even thought that would be possible. Guess I have something to do now. Just gotta get some seeds and pots and thaw out some dirt if I can find some and ???

Omri said:
I'm guessing my winter isn't cold as yours, but I'm growing mine indoors (for now).

Omri . . . that's what I'm going to be doing thanks to the suggestion from Alabama Jack. Going to use pots so I can move them inside and out when the weather doesn't co-operate.

Winters here probably aren't any worse that yours or in the North East United States. They just last 6-7 months!

It is going to be nice to have something to do other than watch TV (LOL)

Butch....there are threads on this site to tell you how a lot of us start plants from seed, germinate them, kinds of containers to use, how much light, etc. Essentially all the information you need for inside/outside container gardening.

Back