• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Is my plant ok?

So I'm new to this forum and to hydro. I recently transplanted 2 scorpions into buckets with 300 ppm and ph of 5-6 can any one tell me what's going on or if this is normal?
ae530045.jpg

So I'm new to this forum and to hydro. I recently transplanted 2 scorpions into buckets with 300 ppm and ph of 5-6 can any one tell me what's going on or if this is normal?http://i1051.photobucket.com/albums/s421/sal1985/ae530045.jpg

Copy the "IMG code" to get the picture to show.

:welcome:

Its yellowing bad. 300ppm may not be enough for them? If your ph is 5.5-6.0 and water temp is good it may be the ppm is too low.

Note: I used to grow cherry tomatoes hydroponically and 800ppm would be what they where getting most of the time. Pepper do feed less though.

I figured cause at first I had them at 700ppm and I was afraid it might have been to much for a small plant. What would you suggest for a plant that size? I got a 7 yellow pot with the same amount of ppm and it's doing just fine. Also it was transplanted from a soil mix.

Can I still save the plant?

What fertilizer are you using?

. I would have my ppm at like 400ppm when they were small then working up from there to 1000ppm as they got bigger into production.

I would just keep ph at 5.9 and water temps good and I never really had problems with hydroponics. I am not saying switch to soilless drain to waste, but that is what I went to after trying DWC and flood and drain, and what I found easiest for me.

Sorry I can not say for sure what the problem is, I never really seen that before.

Hmm well I'm using a one part solution from supernatural grow aqua , could it be that I cut the halo short so it hits the roots and it's splashing on the leaves?

I think that might be the problem because the other ones aren't getting splashed. And they seem ok, for now they are getting morning light from the sun, I have A600 watt hps light I'm setting up

So I got home checked my ph it got a lil high, brought it back down. Upped the ppm to about 450 on each plant, I think my problem might have been the drip system splashing on the leaves so I created a shield on them maybe this will solve the issue. I noticed the plant that was taller and was not being splashed on looking a lot healthier
b54e36c7.jpg

Remember when people used to take a seed and put it in some dirt?

Those were simpler times. =]

(Not mocking the setup, I'm just such a newb to this that all I get from your pictures is "what the fu...")

Yeah I know, but I live out here in the desert and it's either really hot or really cold, I want to keep the plant for as long as possible

Back