• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Growing peppers in BC

Hi everyone!

I live on Vancouver Island and started to grow peppers this year. I currently have plants of Cayenne, Habaneros, Big Jims, Jalapenos, Bell peppers and some type of spanish sweet peppers.

I am just wondering about other BC residents and how their experiences are with growing them here, and if there would be any tips for me to use.

there are several members from your area, i can't remember the exact forum member name but he has contributed to the forum, he is based in Victoria BC and has raised some super hotties.

There are also a few members in Washington state whose climate matches yours quite closely. Either way welcome, and even though u just got here, I'm already jealous of your climate!

ive been reading this site for a few months now just never signed up but everyone seems really nice and helpful. so far this year we have maybe had a week of nice weather, the rest has been rain :( but the first flowers have opened today so im happy about that

I'm in Kelowna, BC and am always willing to answer any specific questions. feel free to PM me for help. Best of luck, and welcome to the circus

Im in Northern BC. Originally from Vancouver. This is my first shot at growing peppers but its currently minus 25 and thats a warm day lol. So my grow is indoors for now.

Back