Seeking Moderators

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
PM me, and I have a questionnaire you can fill out.

This is a volunteer position. You are not required to spend any specific amount of time on the forum, but we do ask that only very active members apply, this way, you are already online to take care of any issues, and do not feel burdened. Do not apply if you are not willing to confront members, especially members that may be friends. Thanks

PS. If you only visit one area of the forum I am willing to try out moderators of specific forums. I am more looking for global, but (for ex.) if you visit the pepper forums daily, and never visit the sauce, or marketplace areas, lemme know too.

Scovie, you get my vote. You corrected me early on like a mod should, and you have enough rep/respect around the forums to do some good. My only reservation is in the growing areas, but in all reality, they are probably the last areas that need heavy modding. More along of the lines of Boss coming in and smacking peepees when people post in the wrong area.

I need a good eye for posts in the wrong section, promotion in discussion topics, comments in the marketplace.... mostly. If you're the type that reads posts but doesn't really pay attention to what forum they are in this would not be for you.

I can help you out in a month or so, just a soon as we get electric connected to the farm.

Im mainly in growing & glog`s & often see posts in the wrong section (move to grow tech sigh!) i run my own forum as well so im used to doing the job, ive never warned anyone or banned them (tempted at times).

Could be handy having me while you blokes up there are snoring away in bed (night watchman) ;)

Mezo.

Thanks MGOLD for the kind words.

I've been thinking...
I'm not sure I would be the best choice. My tolerance for the bickering has gone way down.
I know I could be good at it, as I've been running my own business for almost 20 years.
I do pay attention to details like where things are posted, BUT, i don't want to change my relationship with this forum.
Give me another year and we'll see....

Yes, please don't nominate members if they are interested they will PM me. It also causes some members to think this is a vote and members get voted against when they are not even interested. That's not cool to do to someone.

no dice on 3/5 king.

Like that. Not cool. 3/5 didn't even post any interest.

No more please.

Scovie's a good egg. I like that nomination. He's all over the place and is fair & level headed even when soaked with hwisskey.
:cheers:

Ps - "all over the place" meaning he participates on every board, not that he's ADD like m- ooh, look, shiny object, gotta go!

Back