• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Frank's hot

I love this sauce just wish it had more heat to it, it's made with cayenne peppers.
You can really taste the of the fermentation ooooohhh so yummy...

Funny thing is it's very close to the hot sauce I make at home.
Mine taste better :) (made with habs)but it takes 6-8 weeks to make and vanishes in 2 weeks.

I got to write them and ask they make an Habanero sauce....

I would love to find something similar but with MUCHO heat.
Would be even better if someone on this board made the sauce...

Any suggestions?

http://www.franksredhot.ca/products_original.php

add a bit of extract like black mamba as its really hot and a small amount wont kill the taste .
frost bite also comes to mind.
what I do with droolin devils chili garlic is add some of there serial killer and you get the best of both worlds heat and flavor.
thats whats fun about this whole world of sauce is that you can try them untill you find what you like.

Hehe, something tells me this post is going to spark quite the heated debate. (Pardon the pun. >.>)

Anywho, I too actually like Frank's Red Hot, though it could do with a little less vinegar - the XTra hot has a little heat (not enough for anyone used to extracts to notice, but for a newb like me it's there, but lacking) with the same flavor, but if you want real heat then there's a few things you could try. As Shayne said, adding a small dosage of an extract helps - for me, my old favorite wing sauce was a half-and-half mix of XTra Hot and After Death, mixed with an equal amount of butter. Mmm...

OR, if you don't mind a grainy consistency and - depending on the amount you use - a little flavor alteration, I find that Habanero Powder (preferably fresh ground, though other sources [Blair's Death Rain, etc.] work too - or other peppers, such as nagas for more heat) spices anything up to a very decent level of heat.

Alright, I'm making myself hungry, so I'm going to stop now...

~Trexxen

*goes to grab a towel...*

I dont know but call me crazy, why not try their "Xtra hot" sauce instead of their "original" sauce ?
have you tried their "chile & lime" sauce, is it any good ? I was gonna buy it oneday, had it in my hand & thinking about it but put it back. (I like lime flavor)

I could spike the sauce but I'm too lazy ...

WOW Cry Baby sounds like a perfect match.
Got to give that sauce a try :)

chilehunter said:
I dont know but call me crazy, why not try their "Xtra hot" sauce instead of their "original" sauce ?
have you tried their "chile & lime" sauce, is it any good ? I was gonna buy it oneday, had it in my hand & thinking about it but put it back. (I like lime flavor)
I wasnt too crazy on it myself but thats just me

canuk - I dont know how to take your last post ? are you saying you didnt like the chile & lime flavored franks hot sauce or you didnt like franks Xtra hot sauce ?

why I said call me crazy was towards habman since he was wishing franks had a hotter sauce & linked to their original hot sauce. I dont know if hes tried the Xtra hot & saying he wish it was hotter or just wishing something hotter than their original ?

about tabasco hot sauces, I know people dis them just like franks but to each their own & their taste buds. I find tabasco habanero hot sauce very tasty I just wished they would make the bottle bigger :lol: since it only lasts 2 meals. I also like tabasco chipotle sauce (use it like steak sauce) their other sauces I dont like.

Franks Xtra hot is real good to me but what does it matter im a noob!:oops: . that franks is realy good if you have a sore throat. A TBLS of that stuff straight up and it really helps cuz of the cayenne

Trexxen said:
Hehe, something tells me this post is going to spark quite the heated debate. (Pardon the pun. >.>)

Anywho, I too actually like Frank's Red Hot, though it could do with a little less vinegar - the XTra hot has a little heat (not enough for anyone used to extracts to notice, but for a newb like me it's there, but lacking) with the same flavor, but if you want real heat then there's a few things you could try. As Shayne said, adding a small dosage of an extract helps - for me, my old favorite wing sauce was a half-and-half mix of XTra Hot and After Death, mixed with an equal amount of butter. Mmm...

OR, if you don't mind a grainy consistency and - depending on the amount you use - a little flavor alteration, I find that Habanero Powder (preferably fresh ground, though other sources [Blair's Death Rain, etc.] work too - or other peppers, such as nagas for more heat) spices anything up to a very decent level of heat.

Alright, I'm making myself hungry, so I'm going to stop now...

~Trexxen

*goes to grab a towel...*
==============================

It's great on french fries, but the heat level (or lack thereof)is disappointing.

kinda dissapointing

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I just remembered its tobasco brand that has a habanero sauce
it isn't even as hot as a fresh jalapeno but good to add to "MEDIUM" salsa to make it really medium im kinda woozie cuz i havent been exposed to hot stuff that much yet... will train for habs, hottest pepper i can take... the aji amarillo nice big pepper kinda fruity idk if you can taste it, veeeery subtle pretty too!

I have my own sauce line but Franks is a great flavor PA folks have tryed other sauces for wings and they still go back to Franks

Back