• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Pepper Powder for Christmas Presents

I made a pepper powder for christmas presents to my wife's family. I used equal parts Thai Orange, Tabasco, and Habanero dried, crushed peppers. Used our coffee grinder to make the powder. Consistency was almost like talcom powder and I left all the seeds in. I had bought some cheap glass salt shakers and put the pepper in the salt shakers with some rice to soak up moisture. Made my labels simply titled "AlabamaJack's Habanero/Tabasco/Thai Orange Pepper Powder 2007".

I put about a gram on my tongue. It tasted great and had a burn all over the palate that lasted probably 20 minutes. I didn't realize it when the wife asked me what was wrong? I said what. She said your tongue is hanging out. :mouthonfire:

Will have to warn relatives since some can't take much heat.

Next years powder will be hotter I am sure since I will be using Nagas, Bhuts, and Dorsets.

I sent out a buch of pepper powders for christmas too and the milder smoked ones were more popular around here then the nagas and other chinenses. Not a lot of chileheads up this way unfortunately. More for me I guess.

POTAWIE said:
I sent out a buch of pepper powders for christmas too and the milder smoked ones were more popular around here then the nagas and other chinenses. Not a lot of chileheads up this way unfortunately. More for me I guess.

Hmmm naga powder..that sounds like it would be good..Ill have to try some when my plants grow

Nice

AlabamaJack said:
I made a pepper powder for christmas presents to my wife's family. I used equal parts Thai Orange, Tabasco, and Habanero dried, crushed peppers. Used our coffee grinder to make the powder. Consistency was almost like talcom powder and I left all the seeds in. I had bought some cheap glass salt shakers and put the pepper in the salt shakers with some rice to soak up moisture. Made my labels simply titled "AlabamaJack's Habanero/Tabasco/Thai Orange Pepper Powder 2007".

I put about a gram on my tongue. It tasted great and had a burn all over the palate that lasted probably 20 minutes. I didn't realize it when the wife asked me what was wrong? I said what. She said your tongue is hanging out. :mouthonfire:

Will have to warn relatives since some can't take much heat.

Next years powder will be hotter I am sure since I will be using Nagas, Bhuts, and Dorsets.

I would love to try dusting some of our jerky with that!!! any chance to get alittle or the recipe???

Sorry I have not responded sooner.....

JerseyBoyzJerky said:
I would love to try dusting some of our jerky with that!!! any chance to get alittle or the recipe???

It was easy to make....I just used equal portions of thai orange, tabasco, and orange habanero. I ground each separately then added equal amounts after that.

I would send you some but I used my last thai orange making the stuff. It will be 6-7 months before I have any more fresh peppers to make it out of.

The next batch will be a combination of trinidad scorpion, red savina, thai orange, and tobasco. I may even throw a little naga morich in for good measure:mouthonfire::onfire::hell:

Back