• If you can't find a "Hot" category that fits, post it here!

Displaying hot sauce bottles

I was wondering how many here display their hot sauce bottles they've consumed. & how do you display them ?
I saw some cheesey plastic thing that you put the bottles in the slots/pouches on the internet somewhere, but like I said it looked cheesey.

& so far the shelves I've seen are to big just for little hot sauce bottles, maybe I'm looking in the wrong place for a nice shelf ? or did you make the shelves or ?

I know theres gotta be some others here that like to show off those bottles.

Consumed? You display the empties?

well yea its a accomplishment to show what you ate & put your body through :lol: not every bottle I eat just 1 bottle of each brand/sauce I've consumed.
why would I want to show off full unopened bottles ? I dont buy hot sauces to not eat them thats a waste of money IMO. I dont get into the collecting of those so called "collectable bottles" of hot sauce & not consume them.

Just claifying. No, I don't display used bottles. I don't diplay new either. To answer your question, a reason to display new bottles is if you have a lot of sauces that don't fit in the cabinet or the fridge. ;)

I'm sure I've seen this thread on here very recently...

my response now is similar to before - I wash them out and refill them with my own sauce for giveaways (if they are woozies).

Wasn't the other thread asking what you did with your empty bottles, not displaying? I must admit I keep my best bottles. I don't know what to do with them though, they're just cluttering the kitchen and shed up. Maybe I should fill them with ketchup to make them look full again and display them :)

yep rainbowberry is right, that other thread was asking what you do with your used bottles not about how you display them.
I know theres gotta be some people that display them somehow, people put other things out for decoration so whats wrong with displaying the bottles ? maybe it could be a little warning for others to watchout the food here might be really hot :lol: plus some of the bottles or their design looks really cool.

just like hanging ristas (sp?) or whatever you want to call them, chiles tied to a string & hung for decoration. or people buying a rusted old tin can or old glass bottle or whatever, its no different in my eyes. but I'd rather show off hot sauce bottles.

even those people that buy collector bottles of hot sauce, you're telling me you throw them in your closet instead of displaying them :rolleyes:

I'm thinking of some kind of shelf, hanging or free standing ? but what I've seen so far the shelves are to deep. makes me think I'd have to make my own, maybe ?

streetbmx - yep thats what I had in mind (what you linked to) nice shelves & yea kinda spendy, but then time & material is not cheap, but if I made one then my time would make the cost go down.
I'm pretty sure I could make a nice shelf for alot less, I havent made anything yet but I want to. I plan on having different height shelves for different sized bottles & holding around 100 bottles & for this size maybe it'd be better for a standing shelf ?

& thanks again for the link so I can get some more ideas of how I'd want to build one.

streetbmx said:

Nice cabinets, but Yikes:

Our hot sauce display cabinets are priced from $72.00 to $231.00 and hold from 15 to 75 standard size bottles. They are available as wall-hung or countertop units. Prices shown includes shipping charges to Continental US.

Pretty sure ya can find plans for homebuilt at Lowes or something. It's just shelves eh?

BTW, our sister site has them too:

Collectors Hot Sauce Rack, 2 Tier / Holds 14/5oz. Sauces
http://www.hotsauce.com/Collectors-Hot-Sauce-Rack-2-Tier-Holds-14-5oz-p/hotsauce_rack_2tier.htm

This one comes with the sauces in it already:

Blair's Ultimate Death Hot Sauce Collector's Rack, 14/5oz.
http://www.hotsauce.com/Blair-s-Ult...ector-s-Rack-p/blairs-ultimate-death-rack.htm

Remember, we get a discount going through THP's link. ;)

-QS

The wife and I went to Heaven on Seven (eatery) in Naperville near Chicago this past Christmas. We went there because of the "wall of sauces" they have. Here is a pic...

peppersaucedisplay.jpg

These shelves, I assume, were custom built for the cafe. It seems they have about 3000 sauces in these shelves....rule is, if you bring a sauce they don't have and give it to them, it is a free meal for whatever you want...

If you ever go to one of these, get the red savina popper...expensive but extremely tasty and hot..

It shouldn't take much work to build your own shelves...white pine is cheap (in comparison), you just don't want to have such a long run that the shelves warp...

AJ - just WOW, very cool hot sauce shelves (well mostly the numbers of bottles) & the number of hot sauce's placed at the tables to use :cool:
& "red savina poppers" again ,wow those must of been very tasty, sure beats the crappy jalapeno poppers.

as for wood material. pine, no thanks! at the very least I'd go oak or ash, beech, maybe some black walnut ? but I've always had a fond liken for cherry wood :cool:

If you ever go there, a hint for you is they do NOT have any DefCon products...I had a couple of bottles with me but they both were open...

AlabamaJack said:
If you ever go there, a hint for you is they do NOT have any DefCon products...I had a couple of bottles with me but they both were open...

You beat me to it. Hell, you could get 4 free meals (#3, 2, 1 and DM MKII).

DEFCON Creator said:
You beat me to it. Hell, you could get 4 free meals (#3, 2, 1 and DM MKII).

wife and I will be back up there Thanksgiving and I will take a couple of your products with me when we go...their food is pretty good for "northern" cajun....

AlabamaJack said:

Can you just make your own and hand it over.....HeHeHe!!:twisted::lol:

Back